Notices

Riddle me this Skater.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Riddle me this Skater.

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Of course I wish them the best of luck with this but these are the things that go through my mind when I see things like the new 30 come across the wire. Skater owners must be the most patient people in the world though because I almost lost my mind when I had to wait 6 months for my new 34 .
I hear what you're saying. I'm afraid that if I ordered one, that by the time it was finally finished I will have changed my mind about size, design, paint, etc. a million times.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

I think maybe the point is, there is a much larger profit in a 36 or 40' then would be possible on a 30. If it were me I would build the product with the larger profit margin
Old 10-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmwalters
I think maybe the point is, there is a much larger profit in a 36 or 40' then would be possible on a 30. If it were me I would build the product with the larger profit margin
This is simple business for all the boat companies. They all move to build larger and larger boats as their **% margins in real dollars on 50K is less than it is on a 300K boat. So the natural tendency from the accounting guys is to build the more expensive boat over the less expensive boat.

The waiting time is a bit exaggerated. One can get a boat in about half that time depending upon the model and the configuration. The more complex and different the boat the longer it will take to get the boat built.

As for the 30' its now where near no 180K for just the boat. Around 130 with quarter canopies and a molded deck. Not like the boat I built, actually nothing like that boat. From that point you ADD and ADD and ADD.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
The waiting time is a bit exaggerated. One can get a boat in about half that time depending upon the model and the configuration. The more complex and different the boat the longer it will take to get the boat built.
Hey Rik,
The wait time I was referring to was just the que list not the build time, thats a whole different can o worms there.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So was I.

It's really not that bad. It does of course depend upon the model you want and how you want it.

A standard deck boat is not that big of a deal. A flat deck takes some 3-5 months to build alone so there will be some time there.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:28 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,296 Likes on 3,704 Posts

When you buy a Skater you are buying, Quality.
there are a few other quality buiders, but there
are some serious posers out there.