Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Cell Phone (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/11460-new-cell-phone.html)

MnFastBoat 01-15-2002 08:42 PM

New Cell Phone

Picked up a new cell this past weekend.
After spending several hours each day learning how to program and use it. I love it :)
It is the highly sought out Samsung I-300
It is a Palm Pilot and phone together.
I have been missing alot of dates and appts lately and have been looking at getting a PDA. I have also wanted a new phone since I was having trouble with the other one. I am not so convinced that the smaller phones are so great. AudioFn knows what I mean, he had the same phone I did with the same troubles
:(
This one is a very expensive one but worth it. Got one hell of a deal with a combination of coupons, on sale, gift certificate and return of previous phone.
Transfered over the protection plan from the old phone to hte new one good for another 2 years. walked out of the store with the phone, car charger, cd game pac for the palm, and 2 year transfered protection plan all for 210 bucks :)
Finally a protection-service plan paid for itself :) :D
I could not have gotten a decent PDA for that price :)
Next week the PC cable will be here and I will have wireless connection for the laptop :)

NICKSLICK 01-15-2002 10:13 PM

I have the same!

Did you know that in our area, the data cable is now DSL!!!! OVER YOUR CELL PHONE, TO YOUR NOTEBOOK!!!

mwhhahaha, I love CA!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Catalina here I come... right back where I started from!

Oh? You need me to log in and update all 8 of our servers with a 1.5mb file? sure, ill nail that on my notebook while Im diving for lobsters, and by the time I finish this tank, it will be done...

nmwhahahahahah!

Waterfoul 01-15-2002 10:18 PM

STill have all your old numbers Hugh? Or do we need to call you/send them so you hve them again????

Audiofn 01-15-2002 10:22 PM

Hey does it seem to have solved you dropped call issues? I am on phone #5 since you and I last talked. I think that I have tried almost every phone that they sell. Today I picked up the 5200 and that is sucking wind as well. I have the Kyocera and that has been good but the thing dials in my pocket all the time. Let me know if that one works well as far as dropped calls. Were did you get all the coupons?

Jon

Risk Taker 01-15-2002 10:29 PM

Have had an internet ready Startack for a year and a half now...best phone I've ever owned (like Audio, around 5). Correct me if i'm wrong..doesn't dropped calls have to do with the service, and not the phone... :confused: :confused:

NICKSLICK 01-15-2002 10:31 PM

My super hero cell phone is a combination PCS/CELL phone , so it can roam across both networks.

its antennae is HUGE, and it gets reception in places my other phone simply didnt.

i used to have a samsung.

:mad: :eek: :D

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: NICKSLICK ]

MnFastBoat 01-15-2002 10:47 PM

Jon, so far I have not dropped any. Last time you and I talked it dropped while I was sitting here in hte recliner not moving.
I was on the phone to my brother in Az for over an hour getting his update of his Australia trip :) Half the time I had it in the charger/Hotsynce cradle charging and using the BUILT in full duplex speaker function. No ear plug cable needed NO more :)
I have only made a dozen or so calls and so far so good. This thing does work up north unlike the old 8500 that would not.
I can only hope this one is much better then the old one.
Mike, yes I do have all the old #;s. Thanks for asking.
The coupons all totalled up as 10% from best buy, anthere 10% off that I got in the mail for being a GOOD customer, then a $150 gift certificate from my operators at work for Xmass :) Then since the 8500 was not working in the Analog mode and they do not make them anymore I was able to trade what I paid for it towards the new one since I hade the Protection plan :) :D I paid 160 bucks for that phone last year after the Miami boat show when I broke my Sony during our dispay tear down. Then I was able to transfer my protection plan from the old phone to hte new one since I had over 2 years left on it :)
Made out like a king on this deal!!!