Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wilma is a Cat 5 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/114681-wilma-cat-5-a.html)

JnT 10-19-2005 04:10 AM

Wilma is a Cat 5

This hurricane season has been horrible. :( They just said Wilma is now the most intense ever in the Atlantic basin.

Spicy 10-19-2005 06:21 AM

Re: Wilma is a Cat 5

I just bought airfare last night for Key West and on the way to work this morning I hear this!!!!!! I hope it dodges the Keys. Good luck to everyone down south, if anyone needs to get out of town I have a couple of extra bedrooms available in Annapois Md.
Patrick

CigDaze 10-19-2005 06:50 AM

175mph sustained winds. Holy sht!!! When the hell did this happen? Overnight?? :eek: :eek:

BBB725 10-19-2005 09:21 AM

Hurricane force winds are currently extending out only 15 miles so this is a very small hurricane. Katrina had hurricane force winds out 130 miles?

Dock Holiday 10-19-2005 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
175mph sustained winds. Holy sht!!! When the hell did this happen? Overnight?? :eek: :eek:

In like "Three Hours"!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Cmegladon 10-19-2005 10:40 AM

Hurricane force winds currently extend out FIFTY (50) miles (not 15) and tropical force winds 160 miles. Due to such record rapid intensification, eyewall configuration had little time to form. Watch the eyewall go through reformation cycles over next 12 hours, affecting intensity temporarily each cycle. Eye will increase in size through this transformation process.
This is a huge storm, and at 882 MB, strongest central pressure ever recorded. It should reduce strength (hopefully) to a Cat 3 or so by FL landfall, due to cooler waters in Gulf and approaching shear. But,still probably a major hurricane and all interests in the Gulf should heed all warnings and get outa Dodge.
All, just in my humble opinion, as I am not a professional, nor am I rendering any professional advice, percieved or not!

lonestar382 10-19-2005 10:59 AM

I'm supposed to be heading to Ft Lauderdale on Tuesday for the show, first time ever to go to Florida. Looks like I may not go after all :(
We'll be praying for all those in Wilma's path.

Corey and Jen

hugetime1 10-19-2005 11:06 AM

If it hits the cape coral area, could somebody get a damage report to me, I am a little nervous about my place down there.

CigDaze 10-19-2005 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by hugetime1
If it hits the cape coral area, could somebody get a damage report to me, I am a little nervous about my place down there.

Hey Jason, If your place gets hit hard and there's no one in the area, I'll go down and look the place over myself. Call me if you need.

hugetime1 10-19-2005 11:43 AM

thanks buddy, shoot me your #