Notices

War Party!!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Re: War Party!!!!

Originally Posted by customtouch
Like they say " If you got the money I got the time". I ain't scared either!!! The detail is increadable on that boat though! I just wonder what the bill was after 2 or 3 years in the paint shop! I think the guy that did the boat was from the Dallas area. I heard some pretty odd stories about him. Guess he was a character of sorts. They said he would have huge sections of the boat done, decide he didn't like it , sand it all off,and start all over again! I just wish I could find a customer that was that patient. 5 or 6 weeks and they start getting a little testy!
amen brutha! i am the same way sometimes. i think i throw out more tape than i actually use sometimes. many times i have pulled an entire layout because it wasnt "flowing" with the shape of the boat i cant imagine having a job for that long either. yea . . you hit the 5 or 6 week mark with some customers an they start showing up with the rope an pichforks its very rare with me though most if my customers are very patient. that helps a bunch

any chance you still have the magazine that had the acticle in it. would love to get a copy.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-26-2005, 01:41 PM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,
How are we coming on the design work?

(yea . . you hit the 5 or 6 week mark with some customers an they start showing up with the rope and pitchforks, its very rare with me though)
Old 10-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rbr2328 yes i still have an Amercain offshore. Do you know a guy from lanier with a maroon helicopter?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The detail in that paint is incredible.

Dave, - yeah, that 5-6 week thing becomes awful.
I was telling you over the weekend about WHO painted my last boat.
I was quoted 2-2 1/2 weeks.
About week 4 I started showing up after work with a 12-pack, I know I was a pain-in-the-azz, but I was going through boat withdrawl.
I worked with the guy and helped in finishing it (I'm not bad at this stuff, just have never had the space or equipment).

Hey, I meant to ask you if you know someplace I can get some bolsters???
Old 10-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Registered

glassdave, I did find the magazine! I had to do some big time digging to find it though!! It WAS done in 96 and they DID say it took almost three years just to do the boat!! Then another guy helped him do the Semi and the trailer to match it. The name of the guy that painted it is Alton Gillespie and the guy that helped finish it is Joe Broxterman. The arcticle is really about Joe but they mention Alton and have four pictures of the complete rig. Joe is from Colorado and they don't say for sure but make it sound like Alton is too. All I know is it that it is an impressive looking rig even by todays standards and this was done over ten years ago by hand!!! Not many painters would do that these days!!! I will try to scan the pictures and post them tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Registered

War Party is at my buddies shop now just sitting in the back. Theres no chance of him rebuilding it
Old 10-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

That sux!!! What a loss of a masterpiece! glassdave, weren't you looking for a project boat to build???
Old 10-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Registered

I think the guy was from houston/clear lake. I cant remember the guys name, but I think it was a space heater, the fell over or something like that. He only took the boat out once or twice after it was finished.

CM
Old 10-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Banana the maroon helicopters were the ones giving rides at the cumming fair a couple weeks back. I know the owners of the 2 black r44's , the white r44 and the white r 22. Augie just bought another AO 26 and I wasn't sure if you still had yours. I have some pictures of yours I either have already or need to post on cocktailcove.com

Is the 47 Warparty boat back down here I had heard it had gone back north. I saw it when I went to look at the 47 mold over there.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Registered

Yes its at my buddies shop behind my house just got back from up north. I meet augie once at lanier good guy. I heared he had got a skater though??

Quick Reply: War Party!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.