Notices

Boat hauling

Old 10-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat hauling

If he doesnt want to haul containers for his buddy those are just some options.
He said he was curious about boats.

Last edited by ChiToWn TapouT; 10-24-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:00 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChiToWn TapouT
Containers
and curious about boats.
i don't think he is gonna haul to many containers with a 2006 f-350.... he was gonna go into containers...
Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
i don't think he is gonna haul to many containers with a 2006 f-350.... he was gonna go into containers...

No I dont think he could do it either
But it would make for a good picture
Old 10-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mbowers
If Mild Thunder would get in to boat hauling, what kind of insurance would be needed & cost?
I would recomend a minmum of 1 mil in liabilty insurance just to cover all bases and give customers piece of mind. We all know that in todays boat it doen't take al that much to get to a mil real quick. Make sure it is good insurance too, not some flight by night company. good insurance costs more but it's well worth it when you need it, and remeber you don't always control when you need it. What happens when another vehilce cuases an accident that totals the boat in tow but they don't cary near enough insurance to cover it, why would they they don't own a million dollar boat. Unless you work with a good insurance company that will promptly pay the claim and make thing right with the customer you buisness won't be long for this world and you will find yourself in bankrupcy court. My comany has been involved in many product liabilty claims over the years, none of them were actually anything wrong with our product just the moron operating it, we have payed out millions to morons but without good insurance we would have gone under a long long time ago. To carry that kind of coverage through a reliable carrier you would be looking at around 10k a year with a pickup and probably 12k a year with a real truck. That is asuming everything is done right and the pickup is commercialy registered, if not the insurance will be much less on the pickup but god help you if you ever make a claim that way. With the big truck there is no choice but commercial registration.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:29 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Fred last week had 2 Sunsations that had to get from the factory to florida so I called the # he had posted. What a joke, they where paying $1500 for a 1200 mile trip. Try paying for a new dually and care in custody insurance and fuel.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My buddies outfit picks up containers from a rail yard, back and forth between Chicago and Lima Ohio. Several other runs, but you get the idea. Keep th ideas comin, some good info
Old 10-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Formula has their own trucks and move the boats themselves. Very rarely do anyone else get the opportunity.