Notices

here we go...

Old 10-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: here we go...

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
Sounds to me like your the one starting the sh!t storm here. what the hell does Bob Teague's column have to do with him advertising with the magazine ? He gives technical advise in his column and that's it. And by the way man, you can't quote yourself especially if you don't even add anything other then icons to it.
I sooooooo apologize about the "icon" quote issue Bob...But if the topic is media objectivity I think running full page ads for your business in the same mag as your column is great business sense but just a bit less than objective...while your at it please post all the negative boat reviews(both of them) that powerboat has run...

PS. if I wanted to start a ****storm it would be along the lines of" Your mama's boat soooooo heavy......................."
Old 10-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Registered

I love it when they test a boat without merc. or Teague power and don't post pics of the motor.

They will do a 5 boat test, 4 with either merc. or teague power and one with cobra or some other manufacturer, post pics of the 4 engine compartments and not post an engine pic of the 5th..
Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with everything said, but still love the magazine. How many performance boat magazines are there anyway?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorebankin
...who thinks powerboat mag is a bit biased towards the boats that support their ads...
-Is the pope catholic?
-Are the Kennedy's gun shy?
-Is a frogs azz watertight?
-Does a bear sh!t in the woods?
-Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?
-Do bees bee?
-Do bears bear?
-Do picket fence?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

With my business I sell the hell out of my suppliers product who support me the most even if I know theres something better. Powerboat, being a business too, would likely do the same.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorebankin
powerboat mag is a bit biased towards the boats that support their ads...like the magazine in general, but have you ever really seen a bad review ?
Attached Thumbnails here we go...-captain2.jpg  
Old 10-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
The whole thread was worth starting for two reasons:

1) The Captain Obvious graphic was tits.
2) Chris288s avatar is SMOKING HOT.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Registered

I read powerboat every month. Have been for about 20+ years. Bob owning Teague Marine give him a lot of experence in what may be the problem to readers boats, what might work and might not work. I have read where a reader asks a question on OSO & then also askes it in PowerBoat. I know you will get a lot quicker answer here. I may just not remember it but I do not remember reading where he is tooting his own horn.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

They have also hired Tomlinson to do boat tests too. They are attempting to gain a more versatile opinion (always best to have mulitple input) on the boats they test and to hopefully stop the people who either dislike Teague or feel that his opinions are biased.

And there's one thing you should understand. When they do performance trails it is an open invitation to ALL performance boat manufacturers. They don't need to be advertisers in the magazine. And even though there are politics (as with most any business) I can pretty much guarantee they don't play favorites and treat each test boat exactly the same. I've witnessed the tests, I can only speak of what I've witnessed personally.

And Hillbilly24 is exactly right about the three options. I don't think that is a bad thing for the mag to try and Rectify a problem.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Power joke Mag. SUCKS! It's out of touch with it's readers!
Dean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.