Notices

here we go...

Old 10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here we go...

Just for sh**s and giggles, who thinks powerboat mag is a bit biased towards the boats that support their ads...like the magazine in general, but have you ever really seen a bad review ? All apologies to Fountain owners(luv ya reggie)but those 6 page spreads gotta cost a ton...
Old 10-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: here we go...

They are all biased, it's calle capatalism. Welcome to America. They have all printed editorials regarding how they handle a bad boat test. They show the results to the builder and give them 3 options, fix the problems and bring it back for another test, print the results as they are, or ditch the whole test and print nothing. That is why you never see a bad boat test.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
They are all biased, it's calle capatalism. Welcome to America. They have all printed editorials regarding how they handle a bad boat test. They show the results to the builder and give them 3 options, fix the problems and bring it back for another test, print the results as they are, or ditch the whole test and print nothing. That is why you never see a bad boat test.
just bad boats................
Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
Again, all apologies to Bob, but "Teague on Tech" is in the same magazine as "Teague Custom Marine" ads makes you wonder about the objectivity...

Just in case your ready to start the sh***storm,
I have no problems with either Teague or Powerboat mag., just want to know what you think.

Seriously, some boats do suck, I think anyone whos boated long enough has been on a "let me off this thing ride" , any I think some hulls just work(38 TG, 42 Lightning).

Some also dont work, and I think the media should be just a tad more objective.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by offshorebankin
Again, all apologies to Bob, but "Teague on Tech" is in the same magazine as "Teague Custom Marine" ads makes you wonder about the objectivity...

I have no problems with either Teague or Powerboat mag., just want to know what you think.

Seriously, some boats do suck, I think anyone whos boated long enough has been on a "let me off this thing ride" , any I think some hulls just work(38 TG, 42 Lightning).

Old 10-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=TRICK]Powerboat was recenlty sold by who???no kidding??? we'll se!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I see your point, but I guess they can't bite off the hand that feeds them......sticky situation
Old 10-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Registered

Media...Objective? What kind of crazy idea is that?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Seriously, some boats do suck,
I disagree, the only thing that sucks is not boating..

What kind of boat do you have?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds to me like your the one starting the sh!t storm here. what the hell does Bob Teague's column have to do with him advertising with the magazine ? He gives technical advise in his column and that's it. And by the way man, you can't quote yourself especially if you don't even add anything other then icons to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.