Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Al Copeland Party in St Pete!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115151-al-copeland-party-st-pete.html)

Popeyes 10-26-2005 06:35 AM

Al Copeland Party in St Pete!!!

I talked to Big Al yesterday and he will be attempting to sponsor one of his Famous New Awlin's get togethers in St Pete for the Worlds. As the founder of Popeyes Race Team (and my best friend) he feels as though the tradition should continue. Although we have many obstacles to cross as 90% of his New Orleans restaurants were virtually destroyed as were his hotels, and his Commissaries, as he said " The Show must Go On!!" For those of you who have never been to one of his shin - dings Go!!
The food is to die for and he always has some great entertainment. As is his tradition if he can pull this off, he brings a rolling Boat/Car/Toy show to town. Always the Gentleman ever the Showman He brings a lot of Offshore tradition to the table and I want him to know publicly how much I appreciate this effort especially under the adverse conditions Katrina created.
"Lez Le Bon Ton Roulette" in St Pete!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

CIG3 10-26-2005 07:12 AM

Re: Al Copeland Party in St Pete!!!

Can't wait. Always a really good time.

FREEDOM US1 10-26-2005 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Popeyes
I talked to Big Al yesterday and he will be attempting to sponsor one of his Famous New Awlin's get togethers in St Pete for the Worlds. As the founder of Popeyes Race Team (and my best friend) he feels as though the tradition should continue. Although we have many obstacles to cross as 90% of his New Orleans restaurants were virtually destroyed as were his hotels, and his Commissaries, as he said " The Show must Go On!!" For those of you who have never been to one of his shin - dings Go!!
The food is to die for and he always has some great entertainment. As is his tradition if he can pull this off, he brings a rolling Boat/Car/Toy show to town. Always the Gentleman ever the Showman He brings a lot of Offshore tradition to the table and I want him to know publicly how much I appreciate this effort especially under the adverse conditions Katrina created.
"Lez Le Bon Ton Roulette" in St Pete!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

We're going to miss you guys in Key West :( He always put together a great party at the Key West Worlds!! :drink: This is just one more reason to have the Worlds in one location. :rolleyes: Anyway, Have a GREAT time in St Pete :drink: :drink: and sorry for the loss in New Orleans.

Ms PatriYacht 10-26-2005 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
We're going to miss you guys in Key West :( He always put together a great party at the Key West Worlds!! :drink: This is just one more reason to have the Worlds in one location. :rolleyes: Anyway, Have a GREAT time in St Pete :drink: :drink: and sorry for the loss in New Orleans.

My thoughts exactly, hopefully by next year this is worked out

You guys will be missed in KW, I was looking forward to meeting you and LeAnn. Best wishes for a safe and successful race

Popeyes 10-26-2005 09:06 AM

We'll miss K.W. and seeing you guys. Hopefully we will all be in one place nxt year!!! :D