"The Cigarette that OSO built." >

"The Cigarette that OSO built."

Notices

"The Cigarette that OSO built."

Old 10-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default "The Cigarette that OSO built."

This message is long overdue for a ton of people. If I didn’t mention you below, I really do apologize. There have just been so many tremendous people that I have made contact with throughout this process.

***For those of you refurbishing, rebuilding, repainting, re-rigging, re-anything your boat, you might find this interesting.***

Some of you may recall that 2 weeks before Christmas in 2003, I got the worst phone call you can possibly get regarding your boat. It was stolen. Less than 48 hours later it was found stripped, abandoned and shrink wrapped in another state. I can’t tell you the high I went from hearing it was recovered to the sickening feeling I had when I finally got to the boat. I hope nobody ever has to go through it. Quick note to you morons that did it, keep yucking it up. It’s a felony, and we still follow-up leads.

Since then, we lost a season and a half on the water, but have it back together now. I’ve attached a couple of pictures to give you an idea before/during/after, but the real point of this is to send some sincere thanks to those that have helped make this happen. In no special order:

All Sports – Gilford NH: Bill/Bobby/Matt/Dick. Fantastic rigging job. Period.
Aluminum Marine/B-Bracket: Mike/Bruce. It was worth the –very, very, very- long wait.
Audiofn: Thank you for your help in improving the sound system through all my calls and e-mails. It won’t have “dance floor bass” like your boat will, but it did turn out to be a huge improvement.
Andy Buzz: Now I know how to keep it safe and check on it’s whereabouts anytime of the day or night.
Biggus: You helped me get connected with Steve Lewis to redo most of the upholstery and I could not have been happier. Quality workmanship, great guy and excellent price.
Cigarette Racing Team: Bud & Hector get things done the only way Cigarette knows how. Perfect & expensive.
Livorsi Marine: Mike Livorsi helped with things that were both important and not so important in detail. Truly a class act.
National Marine Underwriters: Professional claim handling and quick payment. What more can you ask for from an insurance company?
Shoregasm: Hatch logos look familiar?
Sign4Boat: Super nice guy, quality vinyl products and easy to work with.
John A. from West Virginia: The motor package was everything you said it was –and then some.
Midwest Powerboats: Shawn & Kevin Heiliger. Excellent airbrushing job and your own creative touches only made it better.
The Art of Design: Thomas. Sure it took about 347 revisions, but the stickers look great.
Team Marine: Kevin/Carmen and the rest of the guys. Even though the manufacturers come first for you guys, you never ceased to amaze me with the level of detail and quality.
Throttle-Up Propellers: Julie & Gene have been great. The propeller test program is for real, and their expertise is invaluable.
Trick Marine: Fred what more can I say? I’m sure I’m not your largest customer by a long-shot, but your level of service is what has, and will continue to, bring me back to you again and again for all the other projects in the works.

Finally, OSO: Without this resource that I gladly pay for every year, there is no way I could have done this the way that I did.

You are about to look at a 1973 Cigarette 28 Open. So what do you think?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Registered

Default Re: "The Cigarette that OSO built."

A couple of before pics.
Attached Thumbnails "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_ss8.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_ss3.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_image007.jpg  

Old 10-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Registered

2 more.
Attached Thumbnails "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_image005.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_dash-before-1.jpg  
Old 10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Registered

A few after. I start to stutter and stammer from anger when I see these. You get the idea. Everything was gone.
Attached Thumbnails "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_ss-aft-view.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_cockpit-after-.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_ss-helm.jpg  

Old 10-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Registered

And now.
Attached Thumbnails "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_p9050342.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_p9050357.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_pa020555.jpg  

Old 10-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Registered

Few more.
Attached Thumbnails "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_pa220651.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_pa220664.jpg   "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_pa220642.jpg  

Old 10-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Registered

Last one for now.
Attached Thumbnails "The Cigarette that OSO built."-tn_banana-boat-039.jpg  
Old 10-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

DAMN that looks great! Glad you got it back together, did they ever catch the scum that stole it?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

thats tits..............great luck.........m.m.....
Old 10-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm remember your post when the boat was stolen and thought how pi$$ed I'd have been. Glad to see it's back and better

Quick Reply: "The Cigarette that OSO built."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.