Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spin props in or out? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115371-spin-props-out.html)

dreamboater 10-30-2005 04:00 PM

Re: Spin props in or out?

I can tell you turning them in on a 28 Skater really lifts the boat out of the water. Today I saw 2 28's run, both were turning in and extremely high in the air. They both said it is faster in. I have personally never spun my props in on my 28. I might give it a try to see of any speed to be had.

ratman 10-30-2005 04:42 PM

I need to be ready when T2x offers up another physics lesson!
its hard to argue with the laws of physics...

TomFTM 10-30-2005 06:22 PM

Miller, I might be in NYC this week as Barbra has to stay there 3 days for business meetings . If I get a chance I might go in and spend the night. If I do I'll shoot you an e-mail. Tom

Brad Zastrow 10-30-2005 08:41 PM

My last three O/B cats ran much better all around turning in. Try it both ways. It only takes minutes to swap lower units. If it works better than just switch the throttles to reverse the throws. 2:1 ratio? For offshore racing they use that ratio for coming out of the corners. But, all around use may spin the rpms too much.

Miller 10-31-2005 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by TomFTM
Miller, I might be in NYC this week as Barbra has to stay there 3 days for business meetings . If I get a chance I might go in and spend the night. If I do I'll shoot you an e-mail. Tom

I'm leaving for Florida later today. I'm down there until Thursday for a series of meetings at my corporate headquarters. If you're in the city on Friday, I plan to be back. Otherwise, you're going to miss me. :( But, if not this time, we'll definitely get together the next occassion you're in the city for. :cool:

TomFTM 10-31-2005 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
My last three O/B cats ran much better all around turning in. Try it both ways. It only takes minutes to swap lower units. If it works better than just switch the throttles to reverse the throws. 2:1 ratio? For offshore racing they use that ratio for coming out of the corners. But, all around use may spin the rpms too much.

Brad ,what kind or rpms do you think it will turn with these wheels? I bought the boat from the bank so I have no info from the previous owner. I did not know the ratio till I dropped down the lowers . The 15 X 32 's are the only wheels I have available right now .I should be testing it later this week.. I think the boat might have been raced a
couple of times. Tom

berns29scarab 10-31-2005 07:54 PM

i'm running a 30 spectre with 300x's and 1.62's & 15x32 3 blades. mine spin out as do most outboard cats i've come across.

DJD 10-31-2005 08:40 PM

Tom
The trick here is to turn one prop in and one prop out. This will give more hydrokinetic g-string forces while accumulating x-factor t-bills. The t-bills greatly increase the gilhooley bobs and energise the bunny conglomerate. Just ask Tx2 he knows more than that other T2 nut case

TomFTM 11-01-2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by DJD
Tom
The trick here is to turn one prop in and one prop out. This will give more hydrokinetic g-string forces while accumulating x-factor t-bills. The t-bills greatly increase the gilhooley bobs and energise the bunny conglomerate. Just ask Tx2 he knows more than that other T2 nut case

Davey boy , what kind of sh!t are you smokin....................... I think those diesel fumes have gone to your head........................
:eek:

DJD 11-09-2005 07:54 AM

Hey Tom, how did it work out?