Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Closing rocks boat owners

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...05-561634.html
Old 10-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Closing rocks boat owners

Other marinas in Lower Bucks said they probably could offer enough space to handle the Three Seasons' clientele. Snug Harbor Marina owner Roland Reuther said he could accept about 75 boats, depending on their size. Diane Baum said her D&S Marina in Tullytown might be able to harbor 40 to 60 boats.

Yeah I bet JACKPOT for the surrounding marinas. Dreaded townhouses take over more of the precious remaining waterfront. It's been the pattern in FLA (188th Street ) and everywhere.

That's happening ... and if ya chose not to sell, they'll throw an 'eminent domain' claim on the property and take it! That's even scarier
Old 10-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YEP
Old 10-31-2005, 08:13 AM
Registered

I keep ( i should say KEPT ) my boat there

I heard the news on Wed of last week through the grapevine. Otherwise I would not have found out until Friday evening when i got home from work when i found the letter in the mail saying your boat must be out by Sunday at 6:00PM. That's 48 hours notice, not 5 days like is quoted in that article. And also there are over 1000 boats there, not 125.

And us Rack storage boats are NOT getting a refund. We have 1 Contract that we pay every February that is good the the year, where slip holders are broken down......Summer / Winter Contracts. They are only refunding "Winter Contracts", and not pro-rating our contract.

And get this...my boat is still in the rack. I waited all day at the marina yesterday with my trailer for them to load it, and they never got around to it. They all went home a 5:00 like normal. So i'm hoping it will be loaded today and i can get in the gates to get it.

Luckily a friend has offered me to leave the boat at his house until i find out what i need to do with it.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:33 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW , hope you guys don't find the gates padlocked
That would be my luck
Old 11-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Registered

My boat was loaded on the trailer yesterday ( Monday ).

Luckily since there are still about 30 boats on the grounds and a full Service shop to pack up and move out, the gates wont be pad locked until everything is cleared out. So i was able to get in and haul my boat out last night.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Registered

What BS. This is un-FN-believable!! What's next?

How come I hear nothing but bad news these days? It's ALL about the money anymore...unfortunately! Home$, home$, home$!! Well, just another bad blow to the local boating scene.

How did the other boat owners there fare with dealing with the owners' and getting the boats removed?

Does this mean Carolyne's...and the eastern portion of the marina is done too...ALL of it? Or just the western end closest to the bridge?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DelawareRiverRunner
How did the other boat owners there fare with dealing with the owners' and getting the boats removed?

Does this mean Carolyne's...and the eastern portion of the marina is done too...ALL of it? Or just the western end closest to the bridge?
Everyone is extremely PISSED!! But We did what we had to do to get our boats out of there. The locks on the gates were changed on Tuesday and the place will probably sit abondoned for a few years until they can get permits to do anything.

The entire property is sold. They had moving trucks everywhere on Sunday. People came in and bought out the entire store inventory, other people bought all the restraunt equipment (freezers, ovens, etc.). Come Sunday night the place was just about empty.

Oh, and there are still about 25 boats in there. Not sure whats gonna happen with them?? I also have some stuff still in there....a full size refridgerator that we kept inside the rack, and a couple 55gal. drums full of gas. Not sure how i'm gonna get that out.