Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key West: Who's Going...Where Ya Staying... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115447-key-west-whos-going-where-ya-staying.html)

CAP071 11-01-2005 07:55 PM

Re: Key West: Who's Going...Where Ya Staying...

Thats was the problem my travel agent was having today. Most places don't have phones up yet. Nor did they update web sites. :rolleyes:

Outlawcowgirl 11-01-2005 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pat D
Tomorrow soon enough?
I have a list......scooters?
The Reach?
Sebago?
anything/anywhere else?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We arrive the 15th and leave the 22nd.

Pat D 11-01-2005 08:25 PM

By my calendar, check- in for most people is 2 weeks from today. A lot can happen in 2 weeks and especially in a town that is used to cleaning up fast, but this one is pushing the limits.
The boat race is not the only thing people come to these hotels for.......I'm sure the hotel staff is not only concerned with getting their hotel ready for race fans, but they are dealing with the cancellations of the people who are supposed to be there NOW. Without a phone system.
I don't know why a travel agent would suggest cancelling 2 weeks in advance if you haven't heard from the hotel. All of your reservations are listed somewhere within their system even if their computers are down. I do suggest you save any paperwork you have and bring it regardless.
Calm down and give it a few days and I'll see what I can find out.
BTW.....I just noticed on the drivers packet that the awards ceremony is scheduled for the Casa Marina.

TomFTM 11-01-2005 08:30 PM

we'll be at the galleon resort and marina......

Bad Girl 11-01-2005 08:35 PM

Staying at B&B with great pool on Rose Lane (an alley running between Duval and Simonton right at Fat Tuesday and Hard Rock Cafe on Duval - within crawling distance). Arriving Tuesday the 16th with FPC poker run Tuesday run. Staying through Monday, November 21. Haven't called to confirm our rooms yet. But knowing where they are, I'm confident they are okay.

Racegirl3 11-01-2005 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Outlawcowgirl
Ringing...ringing...ringing...no pick up. :( :( :(

. :(

Carrie ... I called Southernmost today and they are up and running. We are right around the corner from you. Keep the faith girlfriend. If you need a room, Im sure Birdog will let you and Banker Ron have the other bed :D

mikes280 11-01-2005 09:11 PM

be there from thursday to monday staying at the doubletree the say that everything is good and they are ready :evilb:

frankenstein 11-01-2005 10:04 PM

My travel agent tells me that the Wyndam Reach is good. I do a lot of business with her, and she gaurantees it. I'm going.

Outlawcowgirl 11-01-2005 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by frankenstein
My travel agent tells me that the Wyndam Reach is good. I do a lot of business with her, and she gaurantees it. I'm going.

I hope so, you have a stressed out bride on your hands here and that would be just about all I could handle right now. I NEED A DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outlawcowgirl 11-01-2005 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Carrie ... I called Southernmost today and they are up and running. We are right around the corner from you. Keep the faith girlfriend. If you need a room, Im sure Birdog will let you and Banker Ron have the other bed :D

HA! Now THAT would be something. Thanks Dawn, I can't wait to see you again!!! WATCH OUT Fat Tuesday's!!!!