cant beat a deal like this >

cant beat a deal like this

Notices

cant beat a deal like this

Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cant beat a deal like this

here's the boat in question and these are the pix they sent me!
Attached Thumbnails cant beat a deal like this-6179.jpg   cant beat a deal like this-100_8288.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A boat like that is peanuts to them,you would think they would take care of you just to avoid bad publicity!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Registered

one would think at worst case 20k to fix this thing and a customer telling everyone how great they are is cheaper than tons of negative press and explaining yourself to everyone who asks why your treating paying customers like that.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would think there is certain recourse in your favor if it can be proven that the engines were in fact 98 model instead of 04 model.

Good luck with your situation.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Registered

Well, guys, it gets better. I have proof now that in 2004 when the boat was built, the engines were used then. Looks like the courts have to take over as Cumberland won't do the right thing. This could have been so easy. Have the engines re-built was all I was looking for. Now it's a nightmare.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

That's unfortunate for that to happen to you. I find it hard to understand why people can't just sell a boat for what it is Word of mouth is a very strong thing. Blowers don't wear out in 49 hours!!!

I could be wrong, but haven't there been a few other people who bought boats from there that felt that they were taken advantage of? I remember a thread where a guy bought a boat and it had junk engines in it not too long ago and they had the same response to him. Alot of LCM's past customers chimed in on that thread about how happy they were with their dealings with LCM.

HERE IS THE BEST BOAT BUYING ADVICE THAT YOU CAN GET FOLKS.....GET A SURVEY AND DO A SEA TRIAL!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
HERE IS THE BEST BOAT BUYING ADVICE THAT YOU CAN GET FOLKS.....GET A SURVEY AND DO A SEA TRIAL!!!!
YUP!

ESPECIALLY on a long distance deal like that.

You could have had the problems fixed prior to closing the deal or NO DEAL
Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by seanv
Well, guys, it gets better. I have proof now that in 2004 when the boat was built, the engines were used then. Looks like the courts have to take over as Cumberland won't do the right thing. This could have been so easy. Have the engines re-built was all I was looking for. Now it's a nightmare.

Did LCM advertise these as '04 motors, knowing they were not? Or were they mislead also, on the original trade in of that boat?
Since you are alredy into the motors, will that effect your case? I don't know, just asking.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
If possible an engine compression test as well to add to the list. We had one done and it proved satisfactory
Old 11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: cant beat a deal like this

Im not trying to rub salt in your wounds but,never get emotionaly involved in a purchase,you have to have an attitude that if the deal is meant to be than its meant to be.when you lose your head bad things happen.And I know how hard it is not to be excited about buying something,thats supposed to be the good part right! good luck with everything.Sue the sob.

Quick Reply: cant beat a deal like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.