cant beat a deal like this

Notices

cant beat a deal like this

Old 11-24-2005, 12:20 PM
RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cant beat a deal like this

and,,, to open a whole new can of worms,,, I hear way to often that a Survey missed something ,,, and ,,, guess who gets stuck!! It is a buyer beware on anything used !! but ,, the Surveyer will not be liable for something he or she missed... just dont happen!!! So ---- the dealer made reprenstations and the buyer believed him!!!

Maybe! Who really knows!!

RHC
Old 11-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Attn: you used boat buyers:

Stop rolling the dice when you're spending your hard-earned.

For the price of a round-trip ticket and my normal survey and sea trial fees, I will pack-up my moisture meter, compression and leak-down equipment and ECM scanner and tap on my many years of experience with our kind of boat to make sure you get what you're paying for.

Many times the money I save you is far more than you spend with me.

Buying a boat is an emotional experience. It must, however, be purchased with one's brain rather than the heart. Take advantage of me...I like it!

Ed
Thats great advice......But......None of that would have turned up all that was wrong with my "Fresh" engines...So...It's always a gamble.....That being said....If they are not 2004 with low hours, Thats Fraud No ?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear they got to you

I thought LCM was a much more reputable dealer than to pull some crap like this....Who was your original sales person?
Old 11-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Registered

Did anyone ever notice that every boat someone buys is a piece of cr*p and every boat they sell is perfect?

God am I glad I'm out of that business!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I´m Glad I´m outta of it too...
What´ve learned from the marine industry ..you can´t trust on anyones former reputatation, NO_ONE.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 11-24-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

i want to thank everyone for their opinions on this matter. to get some facts in the open. 2004 with 49hours. that in my book told me it was a new boat and no need to worry when buying from a big dealer. serial numbers on the engines are matched set that were assembled in 1997 and put into service in 1998 and not in an American offshore. way too many issues and when this settles i'll let everyone know how it goes.i hope it's going to be a post filled with praise for a company that stands by their product and took care of a mistake. it's only fair that people have these forums to seek advice on matters and share experiences so that we all can make better decisions. thanks again

Last edited by seanv; 11-24-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

.........sorry to hear about your troubles
for what its worth ......Im in agreemwnt.........1 yr old boat.......49hrs......what else needs to be said????

So if the above logic about buying a used boat is true........if I buy a used car from the big GM dealership down the street and they say its a 2004 with 5000 miles on it, its up to ME to verify all this????.......and they have NO responsibility whatsoever????......just askin'

So was it a brokerage boat???
Old 11-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

when a dealer sells it for someone. this was not brokered.and to clear other questions. i've been in contact with them since day one asking for them to make it right. not asking them for new merc engines. i'm being nice and asking for them to pay to have these re-built by a builder here. i think thats more than fair given the price of a new merc engine.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Steve_H

hope it works out.
sounds like LCM got duped also.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
hope it works out.
sounds like LCM got duped also.
i do believe that but why pass it on to a customer??????

Quick Reply: cant beat a deal like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.