Best ever powered single 25-30 >

Best ever powered single 25-30

Notices

Best ever powered single 25-30

Old 11-04-2005, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best ever powered single 25-30

Pantera, Superboats, Active thunder savage, Apache, Saber Activator... All nice single boats...

Let me take place behind the steering in nasty waters... Tabs or no tabs, I'l knock these hauls on on side without any efforts... I guarantee! When jumping, let me remind you that no matter the hull, the last piece of the boat touching the water is the prop and since it turns in one direction...

The blackhawk was made for a specific X-dimension and would need to sit lower on Deep V's

Airpacker, stick with this drive. It will always be the best one for a stable ride on your 25 and since it gives you +8 mph... You are lucky...
Old 11-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ECeptor
Anyone tried a Y2K with a Blackhawk? I assume it wouldn't work as well as a B1 because it couldn't carry the nose.
Not a Y2K but I have a test report on the 24 Superboat. It ran 76 with a 502MPI/Blackhawk package. That's the same speed that boat would run with a 502MPI/B1.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JS232] Pantera, Superboats, Active thunder savage, Apache, Saber Activator... All nice single boats...

Let me take place behind the steering in nasty waters... Tabs or no tabs, I'l knock these hauls on on side without any efforts... I guarantee! When jumping, let me remind you that no matter the hull, the last piece of the boat touching the water is the prop and since it turns in one direction... QUOTE]

I don't follow what your try to say here? Knock these hulls on side without any effort? What do you mean?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is an awesome improvement! This BH must be the best kept secret for single engine cats. You nailed it about carrying the bow. Only production boat I know with them was a 29' Scarab that came stock with twin SBCs

It's a true surface drive (rooster tails and all), right?
Actually, there was a production Donzi Blackhawk package. Lots of rocker built into the hull to make it work.
The only real drawbacks with the BH drive are docking/loading due to speed at idle and trying to slow the sucker down in a hurry. Pull the stick back to idle and it glides for ever and then some before coming off plane. As for rooster? click my signature link.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:19 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Canada Jeff]
Originally Posted by JS232
Pantera, Superboats, Active thunder savage, Apache, Saber Activator... All nice single boats...

Let me take place behind the steering in nasty waters... Tabs or no tabs, I'l knock these hauls on on side without any efforts... I guarantee! When jumping, let me remind you that no matter the hull, the last piece of the boat touching the water is the prop and since it turns in one direction... QUOTE]

I don't follow what your try to say here? Knock these hulls on side without any effort? What do you mean?

Jeff, remember, JS is from Montreal They all drive funny there
Old 11-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Banned

. Only production boat I know with them was a 29' Scarab that came stock with twin SBCs

It's a true surface drive (rooster tails and all), right?
Donzi sold quite a few Blackhawks.

The Blackhawks are neither beast nor fowl. It's more of a modified standard outdrive and a true surface drive.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Registered

Mount vertically a 2-3" pipe or hose right above the prop. When the drive is deep it will draw air down to it thus allowing it to slip therefore limiting the torque it can absorb which protects the driveline. Also can be used to allow the engine to rev up to it's powerband.

Good description but I found a much cleaner way to do the BH drive.
The back cover plate above the cavitation plate covers a large hollow area. The plate is not sealed so I just drilled a series of 1/2" holes above the props thru the cavitation plate and another series through the cover plate just below the top cap. A small bead of silicone layed along the edge of the plate and allowed to cure made a nice gasket. Now, as soon as the boat starts to move forward, the water breaks away from the drive and exposes the holes in the cover plate which allows air to be sucked in and through the cavitation plate above the leading prop. Works great without any hardware sticking out of the drive .

Heres a few pics to show the installed height and x dimension as well as a little tail Makes you wonder how the heck it can even work when you realise how little prop is actually in the water doesn't it?
Attached Thumbnails Best ever powered single 25-30-album_pic.php.jpeg   Best ever powered single 25-30-1album_pic.jpg   Best ever powered single 25-30-3album_pic.jpg  

Last edited by Airpacker; 11-04-2005 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Registered

You have to drive the boat.
If you hold the wheel strieght....yah its gonna land on its side almost every time. Just like the throttles the steering wheel needs a little love too.

Drive it
Old 11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Good description but I found a much cleaner way to do the BH drive.
The back cover plate above the cavitation plate covers a large hollow area. The plate is not sealed so I just drilled a series of 1/2" holes above the props thru the cavitation plate and another series through the cover plate just below the top cap. A small bead of silicone layed along the edge of the plate and allowed to cure made a nice gasket. Now, as soon as the boat starts to move forward, the water breaks away from the drive and exposes the holes in the cover plate which allows air to be sucked in and through the cavitation plate above the leading prop. Works great without any hardware sticking out of the drive .

Heres a few pics to show the installed height and x dimension as well as a little tail Makes you wonder how the heck it can even work when you realise how little prop is actually in the water doesn't it?

Sounds like a good solution. I'm a cheap bastard and haven't starting paying for this site...yet...so I can't see your pics.

What make/model of cat is yours?
Old 11-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Canada Jeff]
Originally Posted by JS232

SINCE AN IMAGE IS WORTH A TOUSHAND WORDS :
Attached Thumbnails Best ever powered single 25-30-bang.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best ever powered single 25-30

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.