Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Table Rock vs. LOTO water conditions? >

Table Rock vs. LOTO water conditions?

Notices

Table Rock vs. LOTO water conditions?

Old 11-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Table Rock vs. LOTO water conditions?

I've boated LOTO all my life and I'm tired of getting the crap beat out of me, the boat, my passengers, dock damage and just over population of boats on the lake, etc, etc... I've never been to Table Rock and heard it's just as beautiful and much less developed. What are some pros and cons of Table Rock vs. LOTO as far as water conditions, restaurants and bars on the water, gas docks, types of boats on the lake, scenery, etc, etc. It looks much wider than LOTO which is appealing. Just looking for alternatives. Thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Table Rock vs. LOTO water conditions?

Being as I am a part time resident on the Rock I wil tell you there are ZERO ways to compare LOTO to the Rock. There is more traffic on LOTO at the Grand Glaze bridge at 2:00 am than any holiday weekend at Tablerock. The water does not taste like gasoline. It is so smooth during the week you can park your boat in the slip, put on 2 ropes and walk away without fear of damage. The down side to the rock is there are no LOTO type bars or restaraunts. It is a Corps lake and they restrict building near the water. The population is mainly older (50's) and there are more Cobalts there than you can imagine. The middle of the lake, Shell Knob area is probably the best to be on. 2 marinas, both with restaraunts and not many large boats. The Branson end is getting some larger boats on it and it is the most populated. The other end of the lake is in Ar and it is the least populated and the narrowest part of the lake. Not much goes on down there. It is kinda like stepping back in time 20 years.
Come down some time this summer and take it in. It is only 150 miles or so from LOTO and it is an easy pull.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Table Rock is probably the most beautiful lake in the Ozarks area. Water is second to none.

My parents started taking me there in the early 70s when we still lived in Omaha. I have very fond memories of the lake growing up.

Water conditions are MUCH more friendly than LOTO. Restaurants are bars are much fewer than LOTO, but there are a few.

Great lake with a lot of great people. Close to Branson, Silver Dollar City and so on. Great lake for a vacation.

Buck
Old 11-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

It takes me roughly 5:45 to 6:00 hours from SW Iowa to LOTO. I'm about 20 miles So. of Omaha/CB on I-29. Any ideas how much longer to drive to TR? Best route?
Old 11-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the best lake in missouri. A few places to eat on the water several marinas and few big boats.(lots of houseboats and cruisers) The worst day at tablerock is smoother than the best day at loto. As Jason said come on down you WILL be surprised. We are in the indian point area lots of resorts with slips. Close to branson, silver dolar city and several marinas.

Last edited by midmo; 11-20-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered

Take I-29 to Kansas City-Kc to Springfield MO-Hwy 65 to EE turn right on EE to Hwy 160 turn left, That takes you to Branson West from there it's up to which part of T.R you want.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered

What is Stockton Lake like? Is it all small boats? Any social scene on the lake?
Old 11-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ECeptor
What is Stockton Lake like? Is it all small boats? Any social scene on the lake?
sailboats and fishing, nothing but a few camp grounds and no social scene at all.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered

i take a week off and spend sat to thur at table rock and than I go to loto for fri and sat. About 1 hour farther for you than loto. The water is so clean. very smooth, only about 3 good bars on the lake. kimberly city has two next to each other. if you need a number for a good resort out of the way, let me know. I have been staying at the same place for about 8 years. alot of people there from iowa and nebraska.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

Someone needs to put on a fun run or poker run on Table Rock.

Quick Reply: Table Rock vs. LOTO water conditions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.