Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 Powerplay Extension Boxes ???????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116384-38-powerplay-extension-boxes.html)

excursion 11-13-2005 06:23 PM

38 Powerplay Extension Boxes ????????

A friend of mine is about to purchase the last 38 Powerplay to come out of the factory, he really like's the boat and all the options, but has a question about to install extension boxes or not???? He has Sonny Lenard 615 C.I. 800 H.P. nataural motors. He is about to have the boat rigged in the next week and wanted to know plus or minus to boat handling and speed's. Thanks for the help.

excursion 11-13-2005 08:48 PM

Re: 38 Powerplay Extension Boxes ????????

Anyone know someone that owns a 38SS Powerplay?

Get them in contact with me ASAP!!!!!!!

Thanks
James

GOFSTCAT 11-13-2005 10:40 PM

hey who is rigging the boat?

Back4More 11-13-2005 11:29 PM

Is this the one thats going to get #6's?

Linster 11-14-2005 04:42 AM

He is going to have Imco extremes, Active Thunder is rigging the boat.

If you have a 35 - 38 foot twin, V Hull, with extension boxes, do you like them? Do you wish you did not have them? Can anyone compare the same boat with them as to one without them?

docmanrich37 11-14-2005 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by excursion
A friend of mine is about to purchase the last 38 Powerplay to come out of the factory, he really like's the boat and all the options, but has a question about to install extension boxes or not???? He has Sonny Lenard 615 C.I. 800 H.P. nataural motors. He is about to have the boat rigged in the next week and wanted to know plus or minus to boat handling and speed's. Thanks for the help.

James you have friends.you mean a friend of your wifes.lol See you in K.W.I'm buying first round.Tell Reba to bring the sparks. :drink:

The Wizard 11-14-2005 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by excursion

boat's too heavy and will have too much hp's to add extension boxes....

Linster 11-14-2005 08:57 AM

I am not a fan of ITS's on V Bottoms. They seem to work great on cats, Never seen a V work good at all. Most of the time it will not plane well, has too much slip, and top end does not seem to get better. Never can seem to get any prop to work with them either.

Just My 2 Cents.

Back4More 11-14-2005 09:14 AM

Don't waste your time hanging bravos behind 615ci motors

Linster 11-14-2005 09:19 AM

He goes through a couple a year