Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play? >

What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

Notices

What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

Old 11-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

If racing offered a decent return on investment, more companies would be racing. As it stands right now, it costs a lot of time and money, the racing organizations themselves are (as usual) a political mess with inconsistent rules, a lack of sponsors, and no TV deal to increase a small fan base.

Spending several hundred K to run a race team for a season to maybe sell another boat or two isn't good economics, especially for a lot of the small guys. Companies like Cigarette, OL, etc probably get a lot more interest in their boats from doing the Poker Run circuit than they ever would from racing OSS/SBI/APBI/ABC/XYZ/PDQ, etc etc.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dockrocker
If racing offered a decent return on investment, more companies would be racing. As it stands right now, it costs a lot of time and money, the racing organizations themselves are (as usual) a political mess with inconsistent rules, a lack of sponsors, and no TV deal to increase a small fan base.

Spending several hundred K to run a race team for a season to maybe sell another boat or two isn't good economics, especially for a lot of the small guys. Companies like Cigarette, OL, etc probably get a lot more interest in their boats from doing the Poker Run circuit than they ever would from racing OSS/SBI/APBI/ABC/XYZ/PDQ, etc etc.
YUP AGREE 100%....said it all along.....the guy buying sees tham at the PR's and is the guy who buys them as well. You can also get real world input from the owners right at dockside about the boat your looking to buy.....can't do that easily at the races.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

aren't most races for bragging rights anyway ?
Old 11-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

win , loose , draw, fountain is the record holder. his boats go fast, turn hard, and take a beating. i am not nor will ever be a coat tail ryder, but professionally speaking ,other's in the buisness do need to give as much as they have recieved from the industry as mr . fountain has. it would lead to more exposure as a whole and probably due more for racer's and poker runner's alike. as well as pleasure boater's.

p.s this bad boy finishes 2 nd in p2 wed's.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Registered

Theres alot of nice choices other than Fountain. Big guys don't fit for one. It's tight and I am 5'9".

I do have to say that Dania race on OLN was rough 4-6' and the Rio and Intimidator were riding smooth,level at 112.

Fountains aren't wave crushers, they skip over the top.

They WILL pound you if you don't go fast enough to puddle jump.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Hey Packinair...I thought you were told by OSO steve to change your avatar?
I have had this one on and off for years..noone has ever said anthing abut it
Old 11-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by activator92
Peter Meyer throttled instigator for ever and he is a big mother f#$%er.What are you talking about?
Not trying to put words into Downtowns mouth, but I think he is refering to the pleasure versions. Obviously, Pete's seat is a custom fitted seat. I raced in the 29 Fever F1 edition and besides the hull, nothing was the same,that was the only similarity to the pleasure version. If OL invested the same amount of money that Reggie does into offshore racing, then we would all be griping about it being a OL infomercial. Its a double edged sword, but after being affialited with Fountain for 4 years and then leaving, I find myself doing the same things that he(Reggie) is doing, putting a race boat on the course and r&ding it, which in turn makes a better and safer pleasure boat. If boat manufactuers tried to make a living by selling race boats, they would be broke and out of business. I am not saying you have to like him, but I feel we should all respect him for what he has done for performance boating in general, pushing the bar out there on the race courses, making the pleasure versions faster and safer.

Trent Weyant
Throttles
Team VenomPowerBoats.com
F1-12
Old 11-17-2005, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

congradulations to Joe and Anthony.I am I correct in assuming that was Mr. Lupos 1st race?
congrats Anthony and Joe...for those that dont know him, there are pics of anthony in some of the SBRT pics, he was driving Jeff's boat when we were on Lake Champlain....
Old 11-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

Peter Meyer throttled instigator for ever and he is a big mother f#$%er.What are you talking about?
Whys that? I don't know him.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Registered

ooops...nevermind....Big as in large human, I get it now. I'm slow when winteris upon me...

Quick Reply: What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.