Notices

Arrow Tec Boats

Old 11-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Arrow Tec Boats

Originally Posted by bglz42
Liquid Fix has one. A 28' single. Very nice boat... here's a shot...

I own a Aero-Tek 28' single. Seems to be a well built boat and handles the rough ok. OSO member "gutertight" owns a real sharp 32.
Attached Thumbnails Arrow Tec Boats-glencove_pr-2004-25-.jpg  
Old 11-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks yall does anyone know any info about the one in the classified under race boats

jr
Old 11-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Registered

well i spoke to the owner of the boat and yall were right it's a Aero-Tek 32. the owner says it was built and layed up by midnight express. is this correct or is he pulling my leg. how where they built. how was the craftmanship. did they handle the rough. he say's his specific one was the world champion back in 94. it's a 3 man bolster race boat. . any lead would be great. thanks in advance.

jr
Old 11-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
well i spoke to the owner of the boat and yall were right it's a Aero-Tek 32. the owner says it was built and layed up by midnight express. is this correct or is he pulling my leg. how where they built. how was the craftmanship. did they handle the rough. he say's his specific one was the world champion back in 94. it's a 3 man bolster race boat. . any lead would be great. thanks in advance.

jr

that would be the first i've heard of any being layed up by midnight but on the other hand it's been hard to find any real useful info on the boats at all. i've never seen other areo-tek in person besides mine so that's all i can speak of. i personally couldn'd be happier with mine as far as the rigging, fit, finsh and over all performance. Good luck in your quest for infomation. please post any finding because i would like to know more myself. Thanks, LF
Old 11-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Liquid Fix
that would be the first i've heard of any being layed up by midnight but on the other hand it's been hard to find any real useful info on the boats at all. i've never seen other areo-tek in person besides mine so that's all i can speak of. i personally couldn'd be happier with mine as far as the rigging, fit, finsh and over all performance. Good luck in your quest for infomation. please post any finding because i would like to know more myself. Thanks, LF

may you please post more pics of yours..... even though the one i'm talking about is a 32. what kind of hp do i need to make these boats fun. to be in the upper 80's mph thanks in advance

jr
Old 11-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Registered

Donz did they say what year the boat is. I was checking into a new but less power aero-tek back in early 90's but got spooked by the owner. I have no first hand knowlege only heard that as they were going down they got sloppy. Still think they have nice lines.
Feel free to correct as so many hulls and spashes going on then .... heard some of them came from Excalibur molds. One connection to Midnight Express is that what is now ChallengerOffshore - post Aero-Tek ,their 42 came from a co. in Grand Haven, mi called Offshore Concepts which sold the 42 axiom which was a stretched Midnight 37 which came from Cigarette mold.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Midnight Express does not lay up their own hulls-they farm it out to a couple of shops. So it is possible that one of those shops did the Aero Tek also. I knew a guy that put some cash down on one at the same time his buddy did. They both were strung along for quite some time since the company was going down at that point. They ended up going down and "liberating" both their partially rigged hulls and finished both the boats themselves. This may be one of the explanations for the differences in rigging/setup, etc. The 32 was a nice looking boat and ran pretty good for the power from what I was told.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Registered

it's a 1990 is in the classified sextion here on oso under race boats. it's a 32 post pics pics

jr