Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !! >

Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !!

Notices

Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !!

Old 11-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !!

One banged up prop blade.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:11 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !!

Nothing hurt over here save for the trailer wheel that decided to leave us on the way down.

Ran outside all the way however.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
One banged up prop blade.
Hey Terry,

The way you blasted by my condo on Marco late Sunday pm no wonder !!! I could tell you were trying get to Ft Meyers before dark. Thanks for the call. Did Mellissa like the vibration ? She won't need you anymore !!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GLH
Nothing hurt over here save for the trailer wheel that decided to leave us on the way down.

Ran outside all the way however.
Sorry you had that trouble and it interfered with your hooking up with us in Lauderdale. The outside would have been a great ride all the way. You probably got to KW before us!!
Did not see the other boats so Masquerade and us made our way down there. Hope it worked out for everyone.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
Bob, I saw your boat from shore in KW, very nice. Nor-Tech had a good showing there this year. Did Marco get a lot of hurricane damage? My company did some work on some condos there this summer right on the water across from the Isle of Capri. I'm sure their beach is gone ...again.
You guys might have hit some floating debris from the hurricane. There was a ton of junk on the side of the road on US1.
Hey Dave,
I will get to you tomorrow on this. Right now I gotta shut er down and get over to Toronto and watch my Leafs thump the Bruins. Catch you then
Bob
Old 11-23-2005, 07:49 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i damaged my liver.... severely.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

hellion had one blade that had a 2-3 inch long bend about an inch from the tip but just on one blade, looked kinda like ou at loto but we know that it did not happen from putting the prop on this time because when tim got there he checked all the blades of both props and they were fine.

he also had some scratches on the skeg on the other side of the boat. that must have been from debris.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I drove "Rocket Man" , a 47' Outer Limits, down to KW for my cousin, Nick Fratt, the new owner. Mechanical delays, charts blowing out of the boat, a missing chip for the GPS, missing channel markers; all contributed to us running about an hour behind the Poker Run.

As darkness approached, I ran outside on the darkest night I can remember from Channel #5 to KW. Got in with a slight nick on one skeg, otherwise perfect.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some Damage To A Prop And A Chunk Of Skeg Missing. Nothing That Can't Get Fixed Easily. There Has Been A Lot Of Junk In The Water Since All The Hurricanes
Old 11-24-2005, 08:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I drove "Rocket Man" , a 47' Outer Limits, down to KW for my cousin, Nick Fratt, the new owner. Mechanical delays, charts blowing out of the boat, a missing chip for the GPS, missing channel markers; all contributed to us running about an hour behind the Poker Run.

As darkness approached, I ran outside on the darkest night I can remember from Channel #5 to KW. Got in with a slight nick on one skeg, otherwise perfect.
congrats on the new purchase to your cousin... I saw that one being towed across the alley when I was down to pick up the Tiger... I always wondered where it wound up after ebay...

Quick Reply: Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.