Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117009-anybody-have-bottom-damage-key-west-run-also-stolen-fuel-lauderdale.html)

Bobthebuilder 11-23-2005 10:16 AM

Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !!

When I loaded PREDATOR on the trailer Tues. AM and did an inspection, I noticed 3 nasty nicks in the bottom gelcoat as well as minor prop damage. Remember my prediction that some of would might eat some debris around Key West. Could actually have happened anywhere but was wondering if it happened to anyone else ?? :(

Also of interest to those in the Ft Lauderdale area note that 300 gals. of fuel was siphoned out of my boat as it sat overnight last Wed. at Pier 66 on the canal seawall. :(

On a happier note we had an awsome ride and another great weekend in KW. :D

Downtown42 11-23-2005 11:02 AM

Re: Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !!

that suks :mad:

ratman 11-23-2005 11:24 AM

Re: Anybody have bottom damage on Key West run? Also stolen fuel in Lauderdale !!

that sucks some stole your gas...low lifes

GATORONE 11-23-2005 12:27 PM

One busted skeg and a beat up 39 pitch prop

Bobthebuilder 11-23-2005 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE
One busted skeg and a beat up 39 pitch prop

Ouch !! :mad: Were you able to keep going ??
Vibration to put a smile on the wimin's faces ?? :D

jaybird 11-23-2005 12:44 PM

How did you guys get damage? Wasn't the run planned out as to where to go and not to go? Or was it on just random running at KW?

Bobthebuilder 11-23-2005 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by jaybird
How did you guys get damage? Wasn't the run planned out as to where to go and not to go? Or was it on just random running at KW?

We ran down using both Bayside and Hawk Channel. Also fun runs around Key West and home across the Gulf to Marco. Debris can be anywhere. May not even have happened in KW ?? Also coming into the harbor at 100 MPH could have been a contributing factor. It happens. We fix it and look forward to running again. :D

Airpacker 11-23-2005 01:36 PM

Can we fix it? Yes we can :)

Sorry to hear about tha damage Bob and as for the gas, BTDT, right at the Mariposa yacht club in Orillia. Left boat full, next morning, it was emrty and my billet gas caps were gone too :(

Bobthebuilder 11-23-2005 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Can we fix it? Yes we can :)

Sorry to hear about tha damage Bob and as for the gas, BTDT, right at the Mariposa yacht club in Orillia. Left boat full, next morning, it was emrty and my billet gas caps were gone too :(

Ya, these things should not happen but the reality of it is that it does happen. Not a big deal. I have been extremely lucky with all the hours I have logged on my boats. First time in 15 years I've had gas stolen and rarely have had bottom damage. Usualy done cutting across a bar or shallows but not this time. :D See you Saturday Sean at THE PARTY !!

Dangerous Dave 11-23-2005 03:03 PM

Bob, I saw your boat from shore in KW, very nice. Nor-Tech had a good showing there this year. Did Marco get a lot of hurricane damage? My company did some work on some condos there this summer right on the water across from the Isle of Capri. I'm sure their beach is gone ...again.
You guys might have hit some floating debris from the hurricane. There was a ton of junk on the side of the road on US1.