Notices

Ran out of Gas!

Old 11-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Ran out of Gas!

Ran out of fuel halfway through biscayne bay.Ended up turning on my vhf only to find out it was not working.Tried my hand held vhf not enough range.Then we tried a cell phone no signal!We finally flagged down a few poker runnners that left gilberts after us,So thank you to all who stopped and used there phones to call for help.My gas gauge showed 1/4 tank when we left gilberts halfway across it just dropped and pinned on empty.Next thing poof.The worst feeling in the world,especially with 3 kids on board.Moral of this story It is better to spend $175.00 ON FUEL THAN SPENDING IT ON SEA TOW!
P.S.Good thing I had my Fl powerboat captains paperwork,It had fuel locations,and sea tow phone numbers.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:59 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Ran out of Gas!

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
Ran out of fuel halfway through biscayne bay.Ended up turning on my vhf only to find out it was not working.Tried my hand held vhf not enough range.Then we tried a cell phone no signal!We finally flagged down a few poker runnners that left gilberts after us,So thank you to all who stopped and used there phones to call for help.My gas gauge showed 1/4 tank when we left gilberts halfway across it just dropped and pinned on empty.Next thing poof.The worst feeling in the world,especially with 3 kids on board.Moral of this story It is better to spend $175.00 ON FUEL THAN SPENDING IT ON SEA TOW!
P.S.Good thing I had my Fl powerboat captains paperwork,It had fuel locations,and sea tow phone numbers.
Those gauges are as accurate as a broken watch.... maybe twice a day...
Old 11-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered

Re: Ran out of Gas!

GLH sorry I missed meeting you,I didnt see your boat move all weekend!Met a guy named charlie in a fountain with 575s.Says he knows you from lake champlain?Nice people had fun I will be back!With a full tank!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Banned

Nothing personal but if you have a captains license than you know better than to leave gilberts and head to miami with three kids abord with low fuel. Very few boats have accurate fuel gages.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my Cig says 1/4 tanks I better be in a station pumping.

The Cat's gauges are worse. I never even look at them. I use a stick to check the tanks.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Registered

Someone needs to invent an accurate gas guage system. I think there would definitely be a huge market for it... I know I'd buy one...
Old 11-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Registered

I beleive I burned over 90 gallons from Spinnaker to Gilberts.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by expresscat39
I beleive I burned over 90 gallons from Spinnaker to Gilberts.
I just put plenty of gas in and go. I don't like to think too hard about how many gallons I went through and the cost of it all. It takes the fun out of it...
Old 11-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we filled all 350 gal of fuel in the cig to where it was flowing out the vents......we came back after about 5 hours of running easy and our gauges said 1/4+,......the tanks where empty
Old 11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Harper220
Someone needs to invent an accurate gas guage system. I think there would definitely be a huge market for it... I know I'd buy one...

Yea... I don't understand why someone has not done that. The market would just bust open for sales. I don't thnk anyone out there has a good accurate set up?

Quick Reply: Ran out of Gas!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.