Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chris - EngageIT (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117133-chris-engageit.html)

Sean 11-25-2005 09:01 AM

Chris - EngageIT

Call me ASAP Left you several messages

516 455 1200

Sean 12-03-2005 08:37 PM

Re: Chris - EngageIT

chris...you there?

visionsinsteel.us

very talented welder and the guy left you several messages about...my pal for many years is your customer and is unhappy...please call me so we can get his site back up.

516 455 1200

Sean 12-21-2005 12:38 PM

Chris...site still down...not getting any help...are you out there?

PhantomChaos 12-22-2005 01:13 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

boatme 12-22-2005 05:07 AM

the site is not "down" it is "suspended" two different things

I suspect there is a reason

Chris is great web guy and he has done a couple of sites for me

hope your friend gets it resloved

Sean 12-22-2005 06:56 AM

Yes, there is a reason...yes...Chris has been GREAT.

However, when Chris took over JNJHost, he eventually discontinued his relationship with EV1 (with good reason) and moved those customers to his servers. Problem is, the DNS needed to be changed with the registrar to point to new servers. This was never done for visonsinsteel.

In EngageIT's defense, I believe they did attempt to notify visionsinsteel, but he has a new ISP and a new email address and never got the notification.

What I'm not thrilled about is that it's taken nearly a month for someone over there to actually do something about it...like return a phone call and provide me with the new DNS info...

Now you know why I got out of the business...

:rolleyes:

kcgbjc 12-26-2005 11:31 PM

And then he did not change the server into his name and now I am getting the bill after he chose not to pay for it. Nice!

He sure was selective on who to take good care of . . . so I hear. I never had to deal with him directly so I don't have personal experience.

kcgbjc 12-26-2005 11:32 PM

By the way, the server is going off in a day or two so I'm sure he will get a few calls very soon. He didn't transfer everyone who wanted to be transferred. I feel bad for my old clients who didn't get the treatment they deserved from Chris.

I have backed up some of the server so if you hear from anyone, I may have their data.

Never got a complaint about you Sean. Thanks for trying as hard as you did.

TheDingy 12-28-2005 10:43 PM

You know this sucks. I am in the biz... Handle a well know and OLD web hosts firewall around here. If anyone needs some help drop me a PM.