Notices

A Special Thanks

Old 11-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A Special Thanks

I went to Key West this year to attend and participate in the wedding of two close friends, and to attend offshore boat racing as a professional spectator. Before the week was over, I had the great fortune to participate in the wedding and in the race as well.
Thank You to Ron, Bob and the entire Hometown Mortgage SVL team for the opportunity to drive the Hometown Mortgage Phantom in Saturday and Sunday's races. Bob Mazakowski (hope I spelled that right), has done an incredible job of getting that boat re-rigged, dialed in and in racing shape better and faster than ever. Armed with Throttle-Up Propellers, this thing screams !! Every crew member of the Hometown Mortgage and Crazy Chicken took great care and pride in both teams and boats. A very impressive group to say the least. Although Bob and I have never raced together, we seemed to click well together right off the start. While Bob doesn't seem to consider himself a throttleman, he did an incredible job, kept me out of trouble, (in spite of me making some ugly mistakes), and forced the fastest SVL in the world to hang it out for all it was worth in order to keep up. Although we had to overcome ballast tank problems on both days and intercom failure on Sunday, Bobs "seat of the pants" talent, skill and a lot of testicular fortitude, not only gave me the chance of a lifetime to compete, but to run in front in THE World Championship race. My hat is off to Shane and Gary for their hard earned yet well deserved win. I want to thank them for racing us so hard, as well as Dave and Kevin in the new LaveyCraft. You two are getting the new boat dialed in quick. With your talent, (and psychotic lack of fear), you guys are going to be one of the hot teams to beat next season.
I also want to thank my girlfriend Lisa for putting up with the drastic change of plans mid week. What began as a birthday trip for her became a race weekend for me. She rolled with it, and put up with my passion. Before the weekend was over, she was having a blast watching the racing. Which leads me to another thank you to Steve, for taking her for a ride along with Outlaw Cowgirl and Banker Ron in the OSO.com Gladiator. It really put her over the top, and now she's officially hooked. She even asked about cost to buy a raceboat...
It was truly a dream week for me. Thank you to everyone who made it possible.
And a special thanks to Ron and Carrie (BankerRon & OutlawCowgirl) for allowing me to be a part of their special day.
Life just doesn't get any better than this.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: A Special Thanks

Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy ....
Old 11-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gordo are you post horring again . Gordo we had a blast with you and Lisa looking foward to next year
Old 11-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nahhh, just finally catching up.
We had a blast with you guys as well.
We're Looking forward to it also!

Last edited by Gordo; 11-25-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

I have to say that the SVL races were the MOST exciting I have EVER seen. Maybe because the two leaders are dear friends of ours and to eachother. It WAS and IS THE race of the Worlds!
Mike, what can I say ........YOU ROCK!!!!
I was honored for Mike to give me away at the wedding. I wouldn't have had it any other way!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Awwwwh, that's nice.