Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thanks Ratman (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117194-thanks-ratman.html)

bouyhunter 11-26-2005 06:10 AM

Thanks Ratman

Last Friday the wife and I met up with Ratman for a run in his Misstress.
Never met the guy before, but after a handshake and an introduction, we jumped in his truck and headed for the water.
As soon as we put in, he headed straight for the Gulf. It was some big water out there - SOLID 6's, and occaisonal 8's. Slammed the throttles down!! Running in the low-mid 70's
We were launching off every other swell. I think Phil was testing us just to see if we were "true" performance boaters.
We saw HUGE air time - and that old Cig handled it without flinching. By the time we pulled back into the ICW we were all soaked from crushing waves. What a ride. I now truely understand what it is about a Cigarette.

Phil, I think you're right, - We would have made Don proud.
Awesome run! - Thanks

Strip Poker 388 11-26-2005 08:06 AM

Re: Thanks Ratman

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Last Friday the wife and I met up with Ratman for a run in his Misstress.
Never met the guy before, but after a handshake and an introduction, we jumped in his truck and headed for the water.
As soon as we put in, he headed straight for the Gulf. It was some big water out there - SOLID 6's, and occaisonal 8's. Slammed the throttles down!! Running in the low-mid 70's
We were launching off every other swell. I think Phil was testing us just to see if we were "true" performance boaters.
We saw HUGE air time - and that old Cig handled it without flinching. By the time we pulled back into the ICW we were all soaked from crushing waves. What a ride. I now truely understand what it is about a Cigarette.

Phil, I think you're right, - We would have made Don proud.
Awesome run! - Thanks

So he's really a nice guy after all :eek: :drink:

Rob :drink:

Note to self dont let Phil dive my boat :eek:

Racegirl3 11-26-2005 09:31 AM

I now truely understand what it is about a Cigarette.

Kinda hard to explain but I know what your saying ... same reason Cigarettes stole my heart too ... Sure helps when the Captain knows what they are doin tho ... ;)

Glad you had fun. :cool:

bouyhunter 11-26-2005 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388

Note to self dont let Phil dive my boat :eek:

:eek: I wouldn't let him drive it either.

He knew what he was doing though. Knew when to get on or off the sticks, good read of the waves and how to land it.

What a ride.

Anarchy Powerboats 11-26-2005 11:04 AM

good read of the waves and how to land it.

What a ride.

It's a controlled crash, just like with airplanes. :eek:

glassdave 11-26-2005 11:05 AM

tim you are such a boat slut shamelessly weaseling rides across the country :drink: :drink: :drink:

did i say thanks for the beer :D :D

by the way how did everything turn out up here. i saw some stuff on the news a few weeks after you left. guess they cought the guys. messed up deal there :mad:

hope you guys can make it up here in the summer time

ratman 11-26-2005 11:50 AM

yo bouyhunter, glad you made it home ok. it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. i knew you guys we ok as soon as we made it out of the cut. when i looked back to see if your wife was ok, she gave me the thumbs up and then i fed it the coal. i love the way that boat handles big water/big air, i get that warm fuzzy feeling when i see white caps and big water in the cut heading out to the gulf :D im sure you will find a sweet mistress in your price range just make sure you get one with ssm#3 or #3a's and you'll never be posting about broken drives :evilb: then you can spend your coin on beer and fuel :drink:

ratman 11-26-2005 11:52 AM

BTW i always have an empty seat or two for oso'ers that like ain't skeeert of big air rides :D

articfriends 11-26-2005 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
BTW i always have an empty seat or two for oso'ers that like ain't skeeert of big air rides :D

Ratman,next time me and the missus are down in belair bluffs (where my folks live 2 blocks from the ICW)I'd love to throw you a couple ben franklins for gas and go for a ride. I'd even buy the beer and cocktails versus beating my little 272 up out on the gulf and dragging it 2400 miles for a couple rides,Smitty

f311fr1 11-26-2005 02:18 PM

Tim, glad you and Jody got a boat fix. When Tres Martin sea trialed my boat after re-rigging, the bottoms of my feet hurt for a week. Joe Murray