Hull protection when traveling? >

Hull protection when traveling?

Notices

Hull protection when traveling?

Old 11-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: Hull protection when traveling?

I have www.mudflaps.com and have used them on several trucks (nicely adjustable) with great results. Cabela's sells them for cheaper than the site direct.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

us1 did you try pulling your boat with the jeep ? and if you did is the boat a 27? the jeep is it a auto? thanks I HAVE A SAHRA that I was going to try and tow short trips with when the wife wont let me take the explorer ltd v8 which screams when towing. thanks again for any imfo art
Old 11-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I took a different approach to the problem. I have always had full covers made that wrap around the hull in the front. They are lined and slightly padded in this area to protect from rocks and road debris. As an extra bonus, they also keep all of the bugs and road grime off of the boat so that it is still spotless when you get to wherever you are heading. Be careful though. These covers must be form fitted and skin tight so that they don't flap in the wind and damage the finish on the boat.

The first photo here is our old Top Gun (now owned by "Lucky Strike" on this board) and the second photo is our old Gladiator. We were ready to make one for the Apache, but decided to wait until we pick a color scheme for the paint job so that we can color match the cover.
Attached Thumbnails Hull protection when traveling?-1-3-.jpg   Hull protection when traveling?-2-3-.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 11-29-2005 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
us1 did you try pulling your boat with the jeep ? and if you did is the boat a 27? the jeep is it a auto? thanks I HAVE A SAHRA that I was going to try and tow short trips with when the wife wont let me take the explorer ltd v8 which screams when towing. thanks again for any imfo art
Hell No!
Jeep had trouble just towing the trailer.
Boat is a 32'.
The Jeep Wranglers are only rated for towing 2000# with the manual, auto would drop it to 1000#
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

If I have other ideas, I'll email them to you.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 11-29-2005 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Someone complained....
Old 11-28-2005, 10:18 PM
JC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who made these covers for you and do you have a number?

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I took a different approach to the problem. I have always had full covers made that wrap around the hull in the front. They are lined and slightly padded in this area to protect from rocks and road debris. As an extra bonus, they also keep all of the bugs and road grime off of the boat so that it is still spotless when you get to wherever you are heading. Be careful though. These covers must be form fitted and skin tight so that they don't flap in the wind and damage the finish on the boat.

The first photo here is our old Top Gun and the second photo is our old Gladiator. We were ready to make one for the Apache, but decided to wait until we pick a color scheme for the paint job so that we can color match the cover.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Those covers were made by a local company called Canvas Experts. They recently moved to a new shop, but I don't know if they kept the old phone number or if there is a new one. I will find out and let you know. The old number was (410) 641-2228.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The new telephone number for Canvas Experts is (410) 213-8766.

Also, here are 2 more pictures of their full covers. The first one is my old 28' Pantera (owned by "Griff" from this board now) and the second picture is my cousin's current 39' Kryptonite.
Attached Thumbnails Hull protection when traveling?-1-2-.jpg   Hull protection when traveling?-2-2-.jpg  
Old 11-29-2005, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For long hauls, I have a cover much the same as Hot Duck's. We call it the Kitty Condom because it totally encases my Daytona. For short trips, I had the same canvas guy make me a set of 5 foot long trailering bras that slide on over the sponsons and bungee to the trailer about 10 feet back of the sponson tips.