ready for a cat..... CANT GET INSURANCE

Notices

ready for a cat..... CANT GET INSURANCE

Old 11-27-2005, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: ready for a cat..... CANT GET INSURANCE

call Bob Luellen @ 517-333-4100 or Sy Goldberg 845-356-7251, they both can do it.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've taken Tres' class & got insurance (T/S Cig) through Elton Porter, who Tres recommended. They gave me a 10% discount as well.

The guys I took the class with were buying a 36 Nortech & listened to them on the phone with either Elton Porter or Bob Luellen & they had no problem gettting ins either. Tres even made the call for them at the ramp after completion.

Insurance or not, I highly recommend Tres' class for anyone running a 70+ mph boat.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JR[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by thedonz
THAT'S A JOKE

JR
The joke is on you. With the raising insurance rates, and accidents occurring every weekend, the performance boat industry is struggling, so the money is coming out of your pocket in the end. Your freedom to go boating in the future is being compromised. More and more people are getting hurt because they don't have the proper education to use their boat. Everyone that has taken the class has enjoyed it and felt it was long over do.The fact you think its a joke is funny to me because you have never been! So you think you are the best driver on the waterway because you have raced? Give me a break!

Tres martin
Tres Martin Performance Boat School
THE ONLY Performance Boat School.
Helping in saving lives and equipment!!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a hard time getting my new cat insured. I called around and finally got a company to insure my eliminator if I would switch all my insurance over to that company. They ran a credit check and ask ALOT of questions, but in the end the wrote up the cat CHEAP. Markel would not even think about it since I had never owned a cat before.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JM94
The Donz,
Why don't you take our class, you may learn something... Then you could comment on it !!

Don't you think so?

Jacky
Jacky,

Where can I find a schedule of classes?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered

Trick,
The classes are on Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday/Thursday of every week. Check our website. www.performanceboatschool.com

Jacky

Tres Martin's Performance Boat School
352-620-8737
Thanks.....sounds like a great Christmas gift.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The Donz,
Why don't you take our class, you may learn something... Then you could comment on it !!

Don't you think so?

Jacky

Happy holidays to you and your fam

jr
Old 11-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THE IWSF ! I have paperwork from the the Quebec insurance department that you might want to see and if I were you I would check with your own state insurance department to get their opinion about IWSF.I can be reached at 845 356 7251.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

MARKEL AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY is the only stand alone licensed US insurance company that is writng cat insurance at he presnt time.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:40 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Tres’s class is outstanding and is the only boat school which uses demonstrated teaching methods rather than notes and a book. Using performance based training, a few hours with Tres will provide you with more first hand usable knowledge than any other boating safety course could begin to provide. While I will always support all boating courses and continue to support the value of self education, any power boater will benefit from this course regardless of their background and experience level.

My insurance rates went up again this year and I’m sure they will continue to increase. If we want to save the last place on earth where we can enjoy virtually limitless performance freedom we must all take a pro-active role in the self preservation of this sport. Some will argue the number of accidents and deaths do not support the problem is with performance boats and the real problem is with smaller open family boats. But at some point perception becomes reality and the high profile and unique visibility of performance boats only attracts opportunity for regulators to regulate.

Tres’s course is the only course available that provides what I call type specific training. Meaning you can’t go from a single engine Cessna to a Twin Jet. You must get specific training to the type of craft you are operating.

Tres’s course is not a joke…. The availability and cost of proper insurance is not a joke…. The risk of losing our performance playground is not a joke.

For the record… I have taken Tres’s course. I am an active duty U.S. Coast Guard Officer, I own a T/S Top Gun, I have taught Coast Guard Boating Safety courses with the Coast Guard Auxiliary. I maintain a 100tT master’s license. I have thousands of hours of real sea time but only a few hours running a twin step bottom boat. I will only run my boat in a way which makes it a safe, fun, and enjoyable experience for my family and friends and Tres is the only one who can give me specific training to accomplish that mission.

Brad Schoenwald

Quick Reply: ready for a cat..... CANT GET INSURANCE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.