Notices

Who has stuffed a boat?

Old 11-13-2001, 08:41 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Did I mention that I can just about do it on any given day in my 13 footer? I have alot of practice, to the point it has become a way to cool off Yes BodyShot, those waves on race day were huge
Old 11-13-2001, 10:26 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i second teh barge wake stuffing incident. I "stuffed" my scarab at low speed this summer 10-15mph Eveyone was fine just soaked!!! Granted if i was goign faster i probably would have gone over it becasue my bow woudl have been riding much higher if i was on plane. But they can come up out of nowhere. Big lumbering thing moving dirt slow with pretty much flat water adn all of a sudden comes a set of small vertical waves. Completely caught off gaurd.

But i must say the barge was actually a mobile dry dock for HUGE ship so it was pretty damn cool to check out, next time i will be looking for wakes instead though.
Old 11-13-2001, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not really a stuff, but I submarined. 21' centurty inboard ski boat. 3 1/2' waves from large cruiser. Tried to get air, big mistake up first wave at about 30mph down back side and I don't think the bow came back up,I ate the dash found myself with about 8"to 10" of water in boat. Will never try that again.
Old 11-13-2001, 11:42 PM
Registered

Does stuffing it in the Point Pleasant Canal count?
Old 11-14-2001, 12:24 AM
Registered

Ditto that barge wake. Had a 13' Boston Whaler as a kid. BTW, I can attest that they do not sink when filled with water. I had so much water in the boat, it just poored over the transom when I gave it gas. Pulled the drain plugs and half an hour later we were dry again.
Old 11-14-2001, 12:49 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Interesting and informative stuff! Keep 'em coming! I'm interested in hearing from the 35' and over envelope-pushers too!

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Cigwillie ]
Old 11-14-2001, 01:06 AM
Registered

Well this isn't really a stuff but it was fun. My first boat was a 14' Baja Blast jet boat. Damn riot!! Well, one of the first days that I had the boat out (early april), a buddy and myself were doing about 40 across the lake when he yells to me "what would happen if you hit reverse right now"? Well knowing that there was no transmission to screw up, I thought hey why not
So we are going 40 and i hit reverse and the boat stands on its bow, dives underwater and all you see is a wall of water coming at you. SPLASH. WOW Now we are sitting in about 14 inches of water (like a big bathtub)
with everything in the boat floating around. We were laughing so hard and couldn't stop. Well it seems like Baja knew some jackasses were going to try something like this and had the cockpit liner with a self bailing tube out the back. So we just started buzzing around and all the water just ran out the back and off we went.
When I sold the boat to a friend of mine, I showed her how to do it so she could continue the "Bathtub trick" She has since scared the Sh#t out of many of her friends (and blown 2 stereos) doing that.
Old 11-14-2001, 01:35 AM

Redstripe,

I actually saw a friend of mine do the same trick on a waverunner, they got really brave/fast, and actually went over the handle bars once funny as chit.
Old 11-14-2001, 03:57 AM
Registered

This was a few years back. I was keeping my 24 Baja Outlaw at a dry stack building/ marina in Cleveland. There was a guy that I had talked to a few times with a 35 Fountain that was just getting his boat splashed and he asked me if I wanted to go out with him. Without hesitation hell ya! We cast off and headed east along the lakefront for a few miles staying inside the break wall flying over the chop. I could tell that she was rough on the other side by the waves crashing over the rocks. We exited the channel and did a big left turn and started back towards the west with the waves coming from every direction like a washing machine. He was running pretty good on the tops of this mess when all of a sudden the bows up then the stern slams a wave dropping the bow into a hole. I was holding on for all I was worth as the force of the water was coming over the bow and damn near ripped me out of the stand up bolster. The water ripped a big chunk out of the lexan fairing and their was a couple of inches of water inside the cockpit and v berth. The guy was just happy that we didn't get hurt or have his wife and kid on the boat. I was certainly having fun but I learned just how fast that could have ended even in a boat made for the rough stuff.
Cordell
Old 11-14-2001, 07:40 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

my brother's friend (i can't remember his name for the life of me) bought an 1100 waver runner engine had it worked and put in a small wave runner. This was the first one he ever owned. He's kind of a moron who lives off his inheritance (grandfather was oneof the founders of pfizer). Well long story short he is tear assing around on this thing aparently it went mid 80s. The first day he has it in the water he sees a 50' sport fishing boat heading out kicking up a HUGE wake. This moron decied to jumpthe wake hits it goign like 50mph launches like 10-15' in the air comes dowm side hard and is hanging on so tightly that the impact force snaps his arm. The sportfish crews has no idea what going on and just keeps headingout and he is siting therefloating for liek 30min beofer a police patrol boat comes by and seems him floating there they towed the waverunner in and sent himalong to the hospital. Clean snap in half. Hasn't gotten onteh waverunner since. Aparently its still sitting in his garage.

Quick Reply: Who has stuffed a boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.