Like Tree0Likes

NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Reply
Old 12-02-2005, 08:18 PM
  #21
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (3)
 
J-Bonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH / Pewaukee, WI
My Boats: 38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout
Posts: 4,934
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan
I would have to say the North Shore of Long Island is the spot to live in. Better schools and smaller Villages are more quaint and family friendly. Just my opinion!!! The south shore does have more watering holes on the water front though!!! And as Storm said Fire Island is a fun place to hang out!!!! Best of both worlds is House on the North Shore to live and a High and Dry on the South Shore.


What u mean by hi and dry, is that aka rack storage
Jr.
J-Bonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
  #22
Registered
 
Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mill Neck, NY
My Boats: 33 Stratos, Sweet 16 Donzi
Posts: 2,275
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bonz
What u mean by hi and dry, is that aka rack storage
Jr.

Yes
Titan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:25 AM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Manhasset, NY
My Boats: Sonic 358 Diablo
Posts: 1,942
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

I would have to agree with Titan....I live on the North Shore overlooking the Long Island Sound and keep the boat on the South Shore...next season I might be going one step further and keep the boat in Hi and Dry on the South Shore and have a slip on the North Shore....both sides are so different that I always like to switch it up from time to time.
Here's Johnny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:37 AM
  #24
Registered
 
JROMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Cudjoe Key, FL USA
Posts: 961
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Man - I would say stay the F away from Hoboken if you're into boating or for that matter even having a normal car or life. I love going out boozing, but that literally is all you can do in Hoboken. You can't own a nice car. You will come out of your (expensive) apartment and on any given average day, step over puke or (someone's dog poop) find your car with either a boot on the wheel, or some jackasses parked so close in front and behind you that you literally can't get out short of ramming them out of the way. I would highly recommend Long Island or Connecticut. CT is expensive, but you can get a normal home and/or apartment where you can walk out the door and have your boat nearby at a marina. You can also take a train and be in Manhattan in 40 minutes. Stamford CT has one of the highest average incomes in the country of about $60,000/ person that live there. I have several good friends that work for Sikorsky up in New Haven if you're looking for helicopter engineering work (PM me and I can put you in touch with them). Long Island is great, you also have a train, and you have access to numerous marinas as well as normal living conditions. The Long Island Sound is DEFINATELY some of the best boating in the country. Between Long Island and CT, you have an endless supply of destinations, with NYC and Montauk not too far out of reach.
JROMY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:59 AM
  #25
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (3)
 
J-Bonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH / Pewaukee, WI
My Boats: 38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout
Posts: 4,934
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROMY
Man - I would say stay the F away from Hoboken if you're into boating or for that matter even having a normal car or life. I love going out boozing, but that literally is all you can do in Hoboken. You can't own a nice car. You will come out of your (expensive) apartment and on any given average day, step over puke or (someone's dog poop) find your car with either a boot on the wheel, or some jackasses parked so close in front and behind you that you literally can't get out short of ramming them out of the way. I would highly recommend Long Island or Connecticut. CT is expensive, but you can get a normal home and/or apartment where you can walk out the door and have your boat nearby at a marina. You can also take a train and be in Manhattan in 40 minutes. Stamford CT has one of the highest average incomes in the country of about $60,000/ person that live there. I have several good friends that work for Sikorsky up in New Haven if you're looking for helicopter engineering work (PM me and I can put you in touch with them). Long Island is great, you also have a train, and you have access to numerous marinas as well as normal living conditions. The Long Island Sound is DEFINATELY some of the best boating in the country. Between Long Island and CT, you have an endless supply of destinations, with NYC and Montauk not too far out of reach.

I felt excatly the same about hoboken.
Thanks for the ideas,
I will be in thouch with ya
Jack jr.
J-Bonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:28 PM
  #26
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (3)
 
J-Bonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH / Pewaukee, WI
My Boats: 38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout
Posts: 4,934
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Are there any heavily enforced noise laws in the tri-state?????????????
J-Bonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
  #27
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,810
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Ct has some.
On LI you may want to steer clear of dry exhaust.
Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
  #28
Registered
 
gotime34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
My Boats: Boatless Right Now
Posts: 1,117
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Are there any heavily enforced noise laws in the tri-state?????????????
In Connecticut we have noise restrictions on the CT River, but I've never been bothered about it. As far as LI Sound, I can't imagine there are any restricitons, its pretty much like open Ocean, there are submarines going through it from Groton sub base so I doubt there would be a law against noisy boats. I'm not sure about the bays and Canals on the South Shore, But I've heard some of the Outerlimits at the NYC Run that are from Long Island and they are LOUD!!
gotime34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:33 PM
  #29
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Grand Lake, OK
My Boats: 2001 Cigarette, Top Gun
Posts: 35
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Hey J-Bonz, I work for a pretty well known company in Freeport, with our main office in Staten Island. I am in sales, and I happen to know we are always looking for good people in sales/service or anything you could specialize in. I live in Long Beach (3 houses off the beach) and have the time of my FREAKIN' LIFE! I am in my late 20's and single, so it works out very well. 45 minute train ride to the city for your girl. Any help I could give you, I would be more than happy to...
BW/NY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:54 PM
  #30
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member
 
Vinny P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: long island, new york
My Boats: 99 checkmate 259
Posts: 2,707
Default Re: NJ,CT,NYC, and Long Island OSOer's

Take it from me, the south side of the island has noise laws. I got pulled over a few times early this season for noise. I had full dry CMI's. Never got a ticket. I have added a set of GGB Extremes, have not been stopped since. You can run whatever you want in the ocean, but there are rules when it comes to the bays and canals.
Vinny P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
CBR
General Boating Discussion
50
12-31-2009 12:31 AM
25 hors la loi
General Boating Discussion
40
06-28-2006 01:31 PM
26sonic
General Boating Discussion
8
08-22-2003 12:12 AM
LIOPA
General Boating Discussion
3
07-17-2003 12:24 PM
TomFTM
General Boating Discussion
13
02-25-2002 01:09 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.