Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pirelli Flooring (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117599-pirelli-flooring.html)

Outdrive1 12-01-2005 07:32 PM

Pirelli Flooring

I know I've seen threads about Pirelli flooring. I finished tearing out my interior and am getting ready to do the floor. How about some pictures of the finished product and a link for the best price. I'm going with white and I don't want tiles, I want full sheets. I was also thinking about doing the engine compartment while I have the motor out, what would hold up better, diamond plate or Pirelli flooring? Once I put it down I plan on putting snap in carpet, are there any issues with putting snaps in this stuff?

masher44 12-01-2005 08:06 PM

Re: Pirelli Flooring

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
I know I've seen threads about Pirelli flooring. I finished tearing out my interior and am getting ready to do the floor. How about some pictures of the finished product and a link for the best price. I'm going with white and I don't want tiles, I want full sheets. I was also thinking about doing the engine compartment while I have the motor out, what would hold up better, diamond plate or Pirelli flooring? Once I put it down I plan on putting snap in carpet, are there any issues with putting snaps in this stuff?

I have Pirelli in my cabin and it a B1TCH to clean... what a PITA! :mad:

GLH 12-01-2005 08:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Love mine

pm203 12-01-2005 08:14 PM

You can put snaps into it no problem.it will yellow if exposed to the sun alot.(fl boats mostly) I find mine very easy to clean.Vac it occasionally and clean with fantastic.I have carpets,but prefer the Pirelli.

Outdrive1 12-01-2005 08:55 PM

TTT, more pics please.......

pm203 12-01-2005 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
old boat w/new floor

pm203 12-01-2005 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New boat while being completed at the factory

Outdrive1 12-01-2005 09:27 PM

I love that Gladiator. How about some links to lonseal? Is it Lonseal that sells the stuff.

Indy 12-02-2005 08:36 AM

I used Lonseal LoncoinII in my Nordic. Loved it, non-slip and cleans easy too!!

http://www.lonseal.com/loncoin2.html#

Outdrive1 12-02-2005 04:27 PM

TTT, I know somebody knows where to order this stuff. I would like to get samples from Lonseal and Pirelli but I have no idea where to get the Pirelli.

More pics too. Let me see what the different patterns look like on the floor.

otis311 12-02-2005 04:32 PM

I personally dont care for my floor. Its a pain in the ass to clean, it yellows and its hard on your bare feet. My snap in carpet over top is my preference. I only pull the carpet when the boat is covered up or in for maintenance

Indy 12-02-2005 04:37 PM

I just dealt with Lonseal direct for the samples and eventually the sheet for the floor.

Outdrive1 12-02-2005 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
I personally dont care for my floor. Its a pain in the ass to clean, it yellows and its hard on your bare feet. My snap in carpet over top is my preference. I only pull the carpet when the boat is covered up or in for maintenance

I plan on doing the snap in carpet over it. My boat is not a liner boat so right now I only have carpet. I would like to be able to pull the carpet out to clean it and not have to worry about staining it. I thought i would be easier to clean the Pirelli floor rather than just replacing the carpet every couple years. I guess I could just save my money and replace the carpet.

ratman 12-02-2005 05:10 PM

the pirelli flooring weighs a few hundred lbs = slower speeds thats why i decided against it for my boat

Outdrive1 12-02-2005 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
the pirelli flooring weighs a few hundred lbs = slower speeds thats why i decided against it for my boat

I'll just have to put my passengers on a diet.

Spine Tingler 12-02-2005 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
Love mine

Looks great!

pm203 12-02-2005 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by ratman

Are you sure it weighs that much??

jhiguy377 12-03-2005 01:21 PM

installed pirelli in cockpit of my old '79 377; dealer warned me not to use red as it would fade. he was right, i still loved it though, found a product that brought it back to new and used it a couple of times a year. i had to go to a local flooring showroom to track down the deale; brought it in from out of state as none available in portland oregon. good luck
jeff

pm203 12-03-2005 01:51 PM

Carpet looks good for about a month,then its all down hill from there.It gets flattened,wet and nasty.I will stick with the Pirelli.

DirtyMoney 12-03-2005 05:41 PM

Contact Lonseal directly and they will send you a sample box. I have a contact there but will have to find the info.

Outdrive1 12-03-2005 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by pm203
Carpet looks good for about a month,then its all down hill from there.It gets flattened,wet and nasty.I will stick with the Pirelli.

That's exactly why I'm not too excited about pulling the carpet out and putting new carpet in it again. It looks great when it's new but sure turns to crap fast.

Outdrive1 12-03-2005 06:07 PM

I want some more pics too so I can see what pattern I like better.
Still need a link to Pirelli too........

pm203 12-03-2005 06:32 PM

I like the wave pattern.

Outdrive1 12-03-2005 07:12 PM

Yeah, it looks nice in your ride. Lonseal has quarters or diamond plate. I think the wave is better looking.

Steve_H 12-04-2005 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
I want some more pics too so I can see what pattern I like better.
Still need a link to Pirelli too........

lots of pics and info here.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hlight=lonseal

i went with LONCOIN II and loved it. the LONDECK WAVE
looks better imo but ive heard from more then a few that it hurts your feet and is a bich to keep clean.