Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   North Carolina Coastal area (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117756-north-carolina-coastal-area.html)

TomR 12-04-2005 01:18 PM

North Carolina Coastal area

The wife and I are contemplating a change and are interested in the Eastern Coast of North Carolina. Not necessarily right on the coast but within 25 miles of access to the intercoastal or major waterway. We have 2 school age children and would like to be in a smaller town type community.
Anyone who lives in the general area or is familiar with the area, I would appreciate the input.

C_Spray 12-04-2005 02:06 PM

Re: North Carolina Coastal area

We just bought land on the Neuse River (Beard's Creek, actually) near New Bern and Oriental. The area's growing rapidly.

TomR 12-04-2005 02:17 PM

New Bern looks like a nice area. We were also looking at Washington as well.

mcraymond3 12-04-2005 07:44 PM

Look at Jacksonville. Our town is growing very fast and we are minutes away from ICW. We are 45 minutes from New Bern, 90 minutes from Fountain Powerboats, 2 hrs from Raleigh, 1 hour from Wilmington. You can't go wrong with Eastern NC. :D Oh yea, I hear jacksonville has a good Ford dealer also. :D :D

masher44 12-04-2005 07:57 PM

I agree with MC... it is maybe the last realistic area to buy in... real close to water. I did a subdivision on N. Topsail Beach and the oceanfront has gone crazy in the last few years but just inland you can still score a good deal.....(plus the cheap Ford bonus too) :D

TomR 12-04-2005 09:14 PM

Appreciate the info, I'll check it out.

F1-00 Racing 12-05-2005 02:44 AM

Tom,

I drove down 17 after the Washington race a few years ago and it was absolutely goergeus(sp), I almost considered moving back up there, wait a min, brb.......... ruined that idea just talked to my son who still lives there and he said hes freezing, hmmm I'll stick to FLA :evilb: :D Best of luck to you and your family whatever and wherever you chose to do or go. NC is a great choice and I dont think you could go wrong.

Take care,
Trent

CC247 12-05-2005 01:31 PM

Tom R
I've been looking in the pamlico to new bern area lately. We may try a little further south,wilmington or sc coast. we live in marshfield now, let me know what ya find. Were looking to build on the iwc.

TomR 12-05-2005 04:39 PM

It's time for a change!
We have talked to a couple of realators. We are getting some info and will take a trip down later this winter to do some actual exploring.
We are looking at putting our house on the market in the early Spring. That is a very good time to sell a house on Cape Cod. Based on what I have seen so far, I'm sure that I can by a very nice home somewhere close to the ICW, in a nice town for reasonable money.

FX10 12-05-2005 08:37 PM

If you like the water, try Emerald Isle, in Carteret County. Beautiful area, and growing fast. My brother in law lives in New Bern. Tooooo Hot in the summer. It's at least 15 degrees cooler by the shore. I was there this past summer. It was 105 !!! at 6:00 pm. Went to my parents house on Emerald Isle..... 84 degrees. Can't beat it.

Rick