Anyone Know Of Magnum Express >

Anyone Know Of Magnum Express

Notices

Anyone Know Of Magnum Express

Old 12-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone Know Of Magnum Express

I Saw This 24 Magnum Express On The Boat Trader. Do Any Of Yall Haev Any Info Of This Kind Of Boat. I Don;t Think It Has Anything To Do With Magnum Marine. The Owner Ays It's A Copy Of The 25 Power Play. Any Input On It. Thanks In Advance
I Can't Post The Pic Cause It's To Big And I Don;t Know How To Make It Smaller It's On The Boattrader Under Magnum

Jr Mike
Old 12-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Anyone Know Of Magnum Express

..my brother bought a blank 24 Mag Express, built it into a bad azz little screamer...twin 2.4's, skater buckets/console...he sold it last year...he ran it around Cape Coral, Ft Myers Bch, Sanibel area...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Know Of Magnum Express-fringe.jpg   Anyone Know Of Magnum Express-fringetrlr.jpg  
Old 12-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone Know Of Magnum Express

So How Would They Handle, How Do They Take The Rough Input Input, Who Layed Them Up, Is It A 25 Powerplay Copy If So Does That Mean Its A 22 Degree Hull Input Thanks

Jr Mike
Old 12-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Anyone Know Of Magnum Express

The Magnum Express 24' molds were purchased from Apache(Bob Saccenti) on 188th Street in 1988. While Bob was recuperating from a basal fracture of the skull & other life threatening injuries, acquired in a stuff in an offshore race in Rochester, N.Y., in a 41' Apache cat while throttling with Ben Kramer, we tooled this boat by taking a 21' 2" Apache hull & raising the sides & adding a 12" pad & stepped transom. Not one boat was produced from these molds by Apache. The new owners built them out of a warehouse in Pompano Beach, Fl., and everyone of them was rigged by an ex-Apache rigger, who was excellent in his craft. Approximately 40(give or take) of the Magnum Express 24's were produced, including a one-off stepped version, that did 115 m.ph. with a 427 SpeedMaster installation, built by this same rigger/engine builder. The majority were delivered with the, then popular, Mercruiser 465 h.p./Bravo packages. Only a couple were built with outboards. Magnum Marines lawyers told them to stop using the name Magnum, or they would be sued, which is when the owners lost interest in continueing to produce boats. The 25' PowerPlay also came from a 21' Apache hull, but is a whole different story. Hope this helps. Ed

Last edited by Ed; 12-07-2005 at 08:52 AM.