Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Havasu bound, anything happening??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117806-havasu-bound-anything-happening.html)

Biggus 12-05-2005 09:33 AM

Havasu bound, anything happening???

Flew into Vegas last night for the start of our west coast tour promoting the "Rolex" of sterndrives, KONRAD!!! :D

I'm heading out this morning for Lake Havasu. I'll be spending the next 7 days visiting performance boat shops and boat builders.

Anything happening out here? Heading to Cali for the week after that.

If anyone wants to meet up give me a call 715-410-0735

Kurt

masher44 12-05-2005 10:17 AM

Re: Havasu bound, anything happening???

I want to be you.... do you ever work? I like your scheduling abilities too... nice and toasty back in Maine :rolleyes:
Have a great trip!

thisistank 12-05-2005 12:08 PM

Havasu will be fairly "dead" right now. You'll see some people boating but unless it's over 80 (Late March through Late Oct.) you don't get the big crowds. Go eat at Javalina Cantina though. Great food! Order the Hablano stuffed chile's. And try not to get hit by the snow birds...freakin' old people!! :rolleyes: :drink:

Downtown42 12-05-2005 12:30 PM

Kurt do you work for Konrad? Or just shows and helping them out?

Semper Fi 12-05-2005 12:56 PM

Kurt,
I might be out there this weekend.....not sure yet. Did you get the fax I sent you last week?

Havasu Cig 12-05-2005 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Havasu will be fairly "dead" right now. You'll see some people boating but unless it's over 80 (Late March through Late Oct.) you don't get the big crowds. Go eat at Javalina Cantina though. Great food! Order the Hablano stuffed chile's. And try not to get hit by the snow birds...freakin' old people!! :rolleyes: :drink:

You would be suprised bro, we were out for thanksgiving and the day after there were lines at the ramp. It was about 80 degrees out, but I think the reason for the crowds is more people owning vacation houses now.

BUIZILLA 12-05-2005 04:13 PM

hey Kurt, expect a call from me, there's something out there...

Jim

POOL WHORE 12-05-2005 05:36 PM

Kurt

What a surprise to run into you amongst the poker run boats in Key West! If your buddy is still looking to hop up a Gun for the Winter, look me up when you arrive in Cali. Check out the Pink Flamingo. You will love it!

Hugh
714 726-8224 Cell

Biggus 12-06-2005 08:46 AM

Hey guys, I made it out here. Fun drive from Vegas! I didn't realize I'd be traveling right across the Hoover Dam! I'm pretty surprised that there's no fences on the wall! :eek: I bet there's been a few jumpers in the past.

Masher, yeah, a mans gotta do what feels right :drink: ..although at this moment it's only 8 degrees colder in Maine! :D

Tank, I ate at Java last night. I'll be out your way next week. Got any time to meet up?

Downtown, yes I am the sales guy for Konrad Marine's high performance division. ...and I gotta tell ya, It's a pretty tough gig. :evilb: :D

Semperfi, Yes, I did receive your fax. Thanks so much. Give me a call when you're around.

Buizilla, what ya looking at now? Give me a shout

Hugh, Yeah, it's a small world! I'll call you next week when I'm on the coast.

Kurt

PhantomChaos 12-06-2005 12:56 PM

Where are you now....and when are you going to be where? :drink: :drink:

thisistank 12-06-2005 03:49 PM

Kurt, when are you going to be out here? We're going to run the Gun Saturday if you can make it!

Biggus 12-07-2005 08:25 AM

Nort, Tank,

I'm still in Havasu and plan on heading out west before the weekend. I'll be in So Cal all next week.

Tank, Yes, I'd love to take a ride!

Give me a call, 715-410-0735

Kurt

Audiofn 12-07-2005 10:18 AM

Hey Kurt if you go to the Canyon Club with Tank DO NOT LET HIM JUMP ON YOUR BACK!!!!! :evilb: :evilb: :drink: :drink:

Hey Tank how is married life treating ya there buddy!!

thisistank 12-07-2005 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Biggus
Nort, Tank,

I'm still in Havasu and plan on heading out west before the weekend. I'll be in So Cal all next week.

Tank, Yes, I'd love to take a ride!

Give me a call, 715-410-0735

Kurt

Kurt, call me when you're in town. You know I'm about 45 minutes north of L.A. though. We'll have the boat in the water, ready to run by noon Sat. Not pulling it out until Sunday. Call me if you want to go.

Tank 805-340-8847

thisistank 12-07-2005 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Hey Kurt if you go to the Canyon Club with Tank DO NOT LET HIM JUMP ON YOUR BACK!!!!! :evilb: :evilb: :drink: :drink:

Hey Tank how is married life treating ya there buddy!!

Jon, you know you were the one that said you could cary me!! :eek: :drink: Married life it awesome, how about you!!?? When you coming out this way again?

PhantomChaos 12-07-2005 08:41 PM

TANK....are you coming to the SCOPE Xmas Party Friday? You better! I'm thinking about driving down earlier in the day, then staying down on the boat Friday night.....hopefully boating on Saturday. What's your plans!?!

Kurt...call us when you are in town.

Jon....what a crackup that night was. :D :D :D :drink: :drink: :drink:

MikaylaHunterCig 12-07-2005 10:29 PM

Hey Tank, who's Gun are you running????????????jk

Like Nort said- make it to the party friday !

BTW- Our house is finally done in Havasu and we have been out the last two weekends- - still some really nice days out, just watch for the wind which actually makes for great boating.

Dave

Biggus 12-08-2005 09:13 AM

Spent the night at Lake Elsinore. Heading to El Cahon today. Working in Corona tomorrow.

Nort, I don't have your #. Give me a shout 715-410-0735

Kurt

Audiofn 12-08-2005 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Jon, you know you were the one that said you could cary me!! :eek: :drink: Married life it awesome, how about you!!?? When you coming out this way again?

I can carry you it is the gut that I can not carry!!! :evilb: :evilb: It is all a little fuzzy as my ears are still ringing from the sub blast you gave me and all the booze but I think you jumped off the roof didn't ya :drink: :drink:

Married life is going well, building a place up the road from Biggus so that has added a lot of stress to my life but we are almost done for the winter...... Pam and I have been talking about a trip out but we need to get freed up.

Jon

Audiofn 12-08-2005 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Jon....what a crackup that night was. :D :D :D :drink: :drink: :drink:

That night was classic. I knew that Nick Slick was in trouble already so I was trying to be all quite while I was praying to the porcelin god at his place. I made it however with out pukin!!! That whole night went over like a fart in church!!!! :eek:

Audiofn 12-08-2005 10:19 AM

Hey Kurt you comin home for the weekend? If not I am going to grab your sled and ride it like a brama bull!!!! :p :p :drink: :evilb:

thisistank 12-08-2005 12:14 PM

Nort, I don't think we're going to make it to the Xmas party :(

Dave, where's my set of keys to your house in Havasu???!!! :D :drink:

Jon, get out here when you can. We would like to see you guys again.

I got a call from Kurt this a.m. He's going to meet up with me Saturday for a run it looks like. :cool:

PhantomChaos 12-12-2005 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Biggus
Spent the night at Lake Elsinore. Heading to El Cahon today. Working in Corona tomorrow.

Nort, I don't have your #. Give me a shout 715-410-0735

Kurt

Still here Kurt? Geeezzz......I've been away since I posted that. We boated on Saturday!! Did you get out with El Tanko?

thisistank 12-12-2005 10:14 PM

Nort, I got him out on the Cig Sat. and we went out to the Islands, then the parade of lights Sat night (the reason I couldn't make it to your out of control party! :D )

Kurt's on his way to Frisco then back down your way this week.

Tank