Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New 30 Skater in Powerboat >

New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Like Tree0Likes

New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Reply

Old 12-06-2005, 09:48 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
berns29scarab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 7,018
Question New 30 Skater in Powerboat

$460,000.00 that is a typo right, if not that doesnt make to much sense to me.
berns29scarab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:53 AM
  #2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
CigDaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
My Boat: Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
Posts: 21,346
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Base price is about 130K posted on OSO almost 2 months ago!
Of course, with engine's and drives, and..., and..., the sky's the limit, I'm sure.


http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=114315
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s....php?p=1497439
(See post #100)

Last edited by CigDaze; 12-06-2005 at 09:56 AM.
CigDaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 AM
  #3
Registered
 
Harper220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Omaha~LOTO
My Boat: 2001 28 TD Daytona
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
$460,000.00 that is a typo right, if not that doesnt make to much sense to me.
I agree, it makes no sense. Boats just aren't worth that much... I think Skater is a bit too proud of their boat.

Half of $460,000 is still too much for a 30 foot cat.
Harper220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:10 AM
  #4
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
$460,000.00 that is a typo right, if not that doesnt make to much sense to me.
now who was laughing at my 500k post for a mercury powered one?
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:10 AM
  #5
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

it is also in the new extreme issue... nice pics and numbers though...
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:12 AM
  #6
Registered
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Originally Posted by Sean H
now who was laughing at my 500k post for a mercury powered one?

they were just laughing at you because you are a tool...
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:16 AM
  #7
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Originally Posted by masher44
they were just laughing at you because you are a tool...
oh yeah...
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:18 AM
  #8
Registered
 
Havasu Cig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: San Diego
My Boat: 2004 28 Skater / 300x's
Posts: 963
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Base price is about 130K posted on OSO almost 2 months ago!
Of course, with engine's and drives, and..., and..., the sky's the limit, I'm sure.


http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=114315
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s....php?p=1497439
(See post #100)
130k sounds way to cheap unless that is without power. I know what my 28 cost new and I don't see the new 30 costing less.

460k sounds high, but with the drives and power it is running along with the paint I think that number could be close.
Havasu Cig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:20 AM
  #9
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
130k sounds way to cheap unless that is without power. I know what my 28 cost new and I don't see the new 30 costing less.

460k sounds high, but with the drives and power it is running along with the paint I think that number could be close.
the 130 was a rigged hull i believe, no power or drives.... and not this rigged hull, not the flat deck, not the tunnel ext, not the drive cover extensions... a bunch of one off stuff on this 30
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:22 AM
  #10
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser
 
Rik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: California
Posts: 2,755
Default Re: New 30 Skater in Powerboat

What part about LIST Price is unclear here?

If you would like to pay that much, please call me collect!
Rik is offline  
Reply With Quote

Quick Reply: New 30 Skater in Powerboat


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser