Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   30 ft. Cat in rough water? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117955-30-ft-cat-rough-water.html)

Steve_H 12-07-2005 10:05 AM

30 ft. Cat in rough water?

2000 30 ft. Spectre w/outboards.

im worried if it can handle Loto next summer. Ive seen other Spectre owners post "dont slow down, just fly over it". frankly, i dont have the desire to do that especially with passengers on board. This boat rides like a cadalac in 2-3's but how about 4-5's with the ocasional unforseen 8 ft. hole :eek: thinking about selling/trading for a wave crusher.
i sure will miss the speed.

jryan26 12-07-2005 10:06 AM

Re: 30 ft. Cat in rough water?

Steve
Buy Jonas fountain. Then you have both!!!!

FunHome 12-07-2005 10:27 AM

Steve you haven't had that boat long enough to sell it yet!!! Besides you haven't got to take me for a ride yet!!!! After that you can think about selling the cat...

I've heard that a 28 Skater, 30 Spectre at Loto on the BIG weekends will be a wet ride, but heck most of the time it's OK. There has only been one time at LOTO that I was glad I wasn't in a cat, and that was on Saturday after the Shootout!! That was CRAZY WATER!!!! I remember seeing that CG Mti cat idleing along the side of the channel and being glad I wasn't him!!! Or any boat idleing in that location!!

BTW, I saw him from a distance, I didn't go by him at speed!!

Steve_H 12-07-2005 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by jryan26
Steve

Josh, not a bad idea but ide rather try and work a trade with someone.

Brad, that was probably the worst water i have ever seen at the last shootout. :eek: you welcome to a ride anytime!

Shane, ill make you a "great" deal on a Spectre :D

thedonz 12-07-2005 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by jryan26
Steve

for that stay with tha cat

jr mike

jryan26 12-07-2005 11:46 AM

Steve
How about this one?
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/7/80367967.htm

berns29scarab 12-07-2005 11:56 AM

steve dont you dare...i usually run 2,3 maybe a 4th person in mine. i dont care what you have an 8ft hole is gonna upset anyone...before ya sell it give it a whirl. you will have to run a little faster then your used to but once up on top you'll be amazed. 75+mph across 3's is noooooo problem i do it every weekend

berns29scarab 12-07-2005 12:00 PM

the only way i'd go back to a v is if insurance gets any crazier. of ir i decide i'm doing more ocean running.

Jonas 12-07-2005 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
if U are serious i am going to get a 28 - 30 ft cat wth outboards would prefer to take one on partial trade as the wife and tax issue would be iliminated!! :D :D
i have a few in the cross hairs,,
the one i want ex race boat skater with full canopy guy seems got cold feet.. but there are many out there,,,
i know selling my boat or trading shouldnt be an issue..
insurance isnt bad either.
and its fast!!

this pic is at a little over 95 with 4 people in boat on the scope poker run.. still had throttle left :D

Originally Posted by Steve_H
2000 30 ft. Spectre w/outboards.

im worried if it can handle Loto next summer. Ive seen other Spectre owners post "dont slow down, just fly over it". frankly, i dont have the desire to do that especially with passengers on board. This boat rides like a cadalac in 2-3's but how about 4-5's with the ocasional unforseen 8 ft. hole :eek: thinking about selling/trading for a wave crusher.
i sure will miss the speed.

Jonas 12-07-2005 12:19 PM

oh and my wife was screaming at me,, Go faster,, :rolleyes:
our friends told me later she said SLOW DOWN.. :evilb: :eek:
she gets mad over 80 and its stable mable. rides like a caddy.

she just likes the butliner. 43 ft resin bucket with all the comforts of home the only thing she is missing is a dishwasher,. slow boring but keeps me boating and maried :eek: :drink: :drink: