Notices

How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Old 12-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

noboat

On a serene note; I think if you talked to anyone or knew anyone who crashed a bike, car, boat and lived with physical consequences they could explain that there is a limit that must be respected. I want to have a lot of fun and I will pursue speed and thrills to the best of my ability but I can't do that if I risk someone elses life or if I get the Darwin award...

Hey watch this

I am with you on the "rush" but I recognize some discretion about it.

Last edited by aquaforce; 12-11-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by noboat
There will be people on both sides of the fence.

Like the ones inside the prison fence and the ones not in prison.
Is that both sides...
Old 12-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse James
guess his fatboy wasn't as fast as he thought........
It goes low 10s.Its fast for a HD.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

I accidently cut a motorcyclist off one day on the highway. I was in the left lane and I saw him in my mirror, so I moved over to the right to let him pass. What I didn't relize that he was doing 150 or so and he was changing lanes to pass me on the right. Came up on me so fast and I thought he was going to lose it. Scared the SH*T out of me...... Still scares me to this day when I think about it. What if I had caused him to wreck? Why should I have to deal with that?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it smart? No. Is it fun? Hell yes! 170mph on two wheels is a rush that I have not been able to match. But, maybe ratman will change that!
I think every sport has the same issues about who is nuts, who obeys the rules and those who learned the hard way. It will never change as there will always be those with a need for speed and those who want to be the fastest damn person ever who can push the envelope.
So, this argument cannot be solved, it will only keep growing and proving that everything that everyone said here is accurate - on both sides.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by noboat
For the record I haven't owned a bike for over 5 years. And if I got another I'm sure I wouldn't drive it like I used to. But, who buys a bike and does the speed limit everywhere they go?

How many people do you hear about getting killed/injured from a bike on a divided highway? Yes, 170 is not smart. But, neither is 80+ mph in 4 footers but people do it. Why? For the rush.

I can type until my fingers bleed and I will never get my point accross or change anyone's opinion on this. There will be people on both sides of the fence.
You know there are degrees in all we do. Calculated risks and decisions that are made out of discretion and common sense. I speed. All the time. So do most of the drivers on the road. This flick was about a reckless disregard for human life made by someone to wrapped up in their own imortality or who doesn't give a $hi t about life at all. THis guy is out on the public highway putting your Mother, my son etc. at risk.

I boat and hit 4 plus footers at 80 plus - yes. But I know who is on the boat, I pick the time and place I do it and what I do is more than reasonably safe. Yep I like the rush. I love boating because you can still get that rush without a lot of fear from legislation. The water in many ways is a last remaining place to get that rush. It's safer and more fun than what I used to do in a bike, or car for that matter. We just have to remember to do our part to keep it that way.

The guy on the bike is over the top. There are no comparrisons to what I do on a boat nor is it simply speeding.

As far as body count goes, I can count three. Don't need the stats....

Last edited by nolimits; 12-12-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pn....
Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this still GOING AND GOING AND GOING? BOATS ONLY
Old 12-13-2005, 06:23 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Looks just like the insane bikers on the Southern State Parkway on Long Island. I have nearly hit several of them when changing lanes and these idiots are going 120 MPH ++ weaving in and around cars.

The faster they are DEAD, the better for all of us.

I would like it if someone accidentally dropped a tire iron into their wheel when they passed.

Last edited by CBR; 12-13-2005 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CBR
Looks just like the insane bikers on the Southern State Parkway on Long Island. I have nearly hit several of them when changing lanes and these idiots are going 120 MPH ++ weaving in and around cars.

The faster they are DEAD, the better for all of us.

I would like it if someone accidentally dropped a tire iron into their wheel when they passed.

I like that... Especially the tire iron part...

Quick Reply: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.