Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "White Lightning" coming to LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118325-white-lightning-coming-loto.html)

DirtyMoney 12-13-2005 06:36 PM

Re: "White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Good old straight v's! Straight V's with new laminate schedules can't be beat.

Rocco 12-13-2005 07:49 PM

I saw that boat in the pit's at the world's in Key West in '97. The most unique thing I remeber the boat had no rub rail with carbon fiber rod like cleats where the rub rail would be.

J-Bonz 12-13-2005 07:52 PM

Its great see someone get it already. its ben for sale to long. Looked at it a year ago and thought it was bad a**.
Congrats to the new owner
Jr.

44MTI 12-13-2005 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse James
.........you wouln't make any money with that mold because the GP thinks you need steps to go fast......

Does it not have stepps. Looks like it does in the picks but hard to tell.

rockstrmkr 12-13-2005 08:09 PM

I always liked that boat. Reminds me of a contemporary Apache 41.

Rocco 12-13-2005 08:11 PM

No it doesn't have steps. It's the graphics playing tricks on your eyes. I do think however the hull sides looks to be cut down a few inches

Buddy OO 12-13-2005 08:11 PM

pics, look like 2 steps to me, and if it can run over 100mph in anything at loto, first I would'nt want to be in it, because you would'nt be in it for long, and I would buy the mold personnaly because I could sell as many as I could build, alot of v owners would pay dearly to have a 40' v that could run those speeds and have their passengers be comfortable, sounds like the magic hull to me because my 50 nortech which is 52' long 18,000 lbs is a handful at 100mph in the worst of it on a busy weekend around the bridge,

Rocco 12-13-2005 08:21 PM

I have a better picture of the boat that clearly shows no step. I will scan and post.

Wild 12-13-2005 08:23 PM

cant wait to see that bad boy run through the main channel on 4th of July weekend, have your cameras ready

Wild

later 12-13-2005 10:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
wicked looking boat looked at it several years ago, i think it has a very narrow beam like 7 foot are something close very narrow.

Im sure there wont be any confusion as to which boat someone is talking about when they mention White lightning, beside mine is actually named
White Lightning II, and i dont think my original 42 is still on the lake which was White Lightning. Any how it will be awsome to see on the lake.
later