Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118539-message-gary-ballough-about-st-pete.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-15-2005 11:18 PM

Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete

I felt this should be shared in the General Discussion area as well:

Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My recent experience at the St Pete OSS World Championships, after flipping my NEW boat and depositing my wallet into a blender, I left the race site with GOOD memories. After being towed in upside down, by a local, Mike Erturk " Problem Solver" I can't say how great and patient he was getting me back to the marina, which I might add the marina personal were unbelievably nice to me, who went beyond the call of duty. When I finally made it back to the pits a few hours later. As I sat in a competitors camp (MOJO) where without asking I recieved warm DRY clothes, food, an a pat on the back. While sitting there blown away, reflecting on what had happened hours earlier. I looked over where I had parked the boat and left it to sit, un-solicited there were no less than 10 guys working on my boat. I was overwellmed! I never asked one of those guys, hinted, that I needed help in anyway. They took it upon themselves to bring there own parts, batteries, fuels, ecu, etc. .....off of there own boats and trailers to save my motors and salvage what I had, that they could. Shiviring from the cold I can't tell you the warmth that came over me, to hear my motors fire up. It is a feeling , to have friends like these, that I would hope anyone could experience once in there life. THANK YOU to everyone that lent a hand. Dennis Berry , John Vanderstel, Grant Bruggermann, Stan Perkoski, Troy Tremellen, MOJO's whole crew, Chris Marshall, and anyone else that I may have forgotten. Even Mike Tomlinson (chief referee OSS) got on a golf cart and found me personally and asked me if I was allright. Words cannot describe this type of sportsmanship and commradere. I just wanted to wish everyone The Happiest of Holidays and say thank you to everyone that helped.

Gary Ballough
S-6 MAPEI
www.GBalloughRacing.com

Excellent story Gary.
Glad you are OK and thanks for sharing your experience within OSS!!!
:drink:

ratman 12-15-2005 11:37 PM

Re: Message From GARY BALLOUGH about St Pete

great story, glad he and the boat are gonna be ok

Formula Outlaw 12-16-2005 07:24 AM

These are the stories that I desperately want to hear about offshore racing, not the usual BS......I know that meant a lot to you. Am glad all those people were there and that they cared to help someone out...:drink:

P Offshore 12-16-2005 07:31 AM

Glad your ok Gary

Great story good to read.