Notices

My New SL 44 ( 44 ft )

Old 12-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My New SL 44 ( 44 ft )

Very cool project, I will be checking in from time to time to see progress. Its always cool to see someone thinking outside the box.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Registered

NEAT PROJECT CANT WAIT TO SEE IT RUN
Old 12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"she can survive a complete roll-over, self-righting in less than 10 seconds with all machinery remaining fully operational."

Maybe Cig can add this ability to the Gladiator

Just having some fun...don't get mad
Old 12-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Registered

dam cig daze you go cuz great info .
Old 12-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Registered

It looks like you guys know what your doing...Sweet looking boat
Old 12-22-2005, 05:59 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ofshore
It looks like you guys know what your doing...Sweet looking boat
I sure hope so!!! too!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Registered

I had the good fortune to see this boat in person. The pictures do it justice. To make it even better Wayne is a very gracious guy.

Inspired by and copied are not the same thing. How many totally original ideas are really out there? Just because it has a stepped hull does not mean it is a copy of someone else's work.

I think you would be hard pressed to duplicate this hull design in fiberglass. And there would certainly be no tunability....unless you consider filling and grinding glass a tuning aid.

There is an art to building a boat like this and Wayne and his crew have it nailed down.

Some people just want to hate.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Alot of boat builders are influenced by competing boat builders. Take a look at the early single step 37 outerlimits stillettos, and compare them to the hull design on a 40 Fiore Hustler. The first outerlimit's had almost the exact same hull design. I think mike may have used some R&D from the company he left, and improved upon it. As long as no one is taking a splash who cares were they get design influence from.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by puck
I had the good fortune to see this boat in person. The pictures do it justice. To make it even better Wayne is a very gracious guy.

Inspired by and copied are not the same thing. How many totally original ideas are really out there? Just because it has a stepped hull does not mean it is a copy of someone else's work.

I think you would be hard pressed to duplicate this hull design in fiberglass. And there would certainly be no tunability....unless you consider filling and grinding glass a tuning aid.

There is an art to building a boat like this and Wayne and his crew have it nailed down.

Some people just want to hate.
I would have to say that I could not have said this better myself. Knowing Wayne, and being privileged enough to enjoy a ride in one of the smaller jet boats that they have built (thanks Catskinner), I can honestly say that this boat will be top notch. The quality will second to none, and then rigging will be absolutely impeccable. Wayne I am really looking forward to seeing the new boat in person at Shasta in June, if you don’t bring it down for us to see sooner.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered

Very cool project.

Im in the Welding Supply business and can appreciate the craftsmanship and talent that it takes to build something like this.

For all those who have tried to steal Rockit Mans thunder by saying aluminum this or aluminum that........your way out of line and it is obvious you have no education in metallurgy. After reading through all the posts it seems their are only about 2 or 3 that could even ask the man an intelligent question or form an educated opinion with regards its fabrication.

Good luck with the project and I look forward to seeing it out at LOTO in August.

Winter is among us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.