Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer? >

What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

Notices

What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

Old 12-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

One persons idea of nice and another persons idea of nice is two diiferent things. Been there, done that. Give him his money back.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to agree with the concensus of opinion here.
This guy needs to purchase NEW, not used.

Just make sure he sends you back the SAME units you sent him before you refund his money. Recheck your units and see if he is right.

Just remember: "Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug."! Could have been lots worse IMO.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I agree with bigd1. Some people will immediately leave a negative feedback without contacting you first. If you are going to continue selling, its not worth taking a negative.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I agree, give him his money back. Tell him to send you the items back and and soon as they arrive you will send his money back to him. Most people would want shipping both ways, at least he is willing to eat some of the shipping. Dont risk getting a negative of this, and what ever you do don't leave him feedback until he leaves you your feedback.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Registered

Kind of a shame that he threatened you with the negative feedback etc. before seeing if you would respond positively. I thought his request was very "honorable" up until then, and could have been construed as a simple misunderstanding, and everyone wins. Either case, I agree with most, best just put it behind you, and return his money.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Pay him back.

Its not worth the headache.

Gerry
Old 12-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Registered

Hopefully you haven't already left the buyer feedback. In this case it's wiser to either never leave feedback or only do so once he's left it for you. I think there's a 3 month timeframe from end of auction to leave feedback.

That being said, I would pay him back net of shipping and possibly ebay fees ONCE you've received the items and inspect/verify that they were the units he purchased from you.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree that you should tell him to return them to you and that after you receive them back and verify that they are the ones you sent him that you will refund his money, and if he's willing to split the shipping cost with you that's a bonus in your favor. He shouldn't complain if you are willing to do that.

Caleb
Old 12-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've had a few issues with things I've bought in eBay. In some cases I contacted the seller and compared what I saw and what the description was and did so politly. Each time, the seller stepped up and adjusted the prices, crediting me back, explaining the situation etc. In one in particular the seller sold a bunch of something, misrepresented it, and when I recieved it, not as described, they offered to replace it, never did and disappeared.

I of course left them neg feedback which did no good becasue they closed they're account. The others who I worked it out with, we each left pos. feedback as the transaction ended mutually positive.

It's not a perfect world, but if you truly feel he's exagerating and the condition is as you describe, let him pay shipping back to you and refund what you're out, (maybe less any fee's for the listing). If to you they are as described, it's just not what the buyer wanted, he should at least agree you're stepping up and he's lucky you aren't blowing him off.

On the other hand, if he's unreasonable, you can counter a neg feedback explaining that they are as described and you tried to compromise.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

OK so the conseus is to refund him his money. What about me refunding the shipping he paid for me to ship the item to him? What about the selling and listing fees, they were $9.05?

Quick Reply: What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.