Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer? >

What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

Notices

What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

Old 12-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts
Default What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

I sold a set of used roller rocker arms for a small block chevy on Ebay and got a email back for the guy today saying he is not happy with his used product. The rockers were in good condition and I would have no reservation about running them if I needed to. Here are the emails he sent:

"I received these items today, 13 of the roller tips have bad brindel marks on them (flat spots !!)& the condition of these are basicly worn out !!! i dont want to be a jerk about this, i dont know if you know how to check these correctly for wear or not, so it may be an honest mistake. but you stated... The fulcrums turn freely and have no flat spotsˇ The roller tips turn freely and are not flat spottedˇ The push rod cups are smooth and not galled.
13 of the tips have several flat spots in line from where the tip bearing is bad & sticking, this will continue to wear in the same area & cause incorrect valve operation!!! all of the fulcrums have wear as well. these look like they have been installed on a motor that regularly seen high rpm's & lake of oil pressure !!! they are not in usable condition by no means.
i run out of room on this message, i will sent another one to finish this. !!! well to cut to the problem, so what do we do now ? like i said, i dont want to be a jerk, if you will send me a money order for 137.61, which is what i spent with shipping. or you can send it by paypal, they will draw about 3.00+/- out this way, so 140.00 even if you do it this way & i will ship these back to you & you can do what you choose with them, i will eat the shipping back to you, i can send them usps for about 8.00, if you want to send this as well, that makes me even happier, but if not, i will eat this charge & call it a learning experience. i wont leave bad feedback as well, we can just call it a done deal on both ends !!!! on the other hand i can file a claim through paypal & ebay both & they can do the rest. if you are going to sell items in this condition, you need to word you adds differently. i have had file on items i have bought before. i also paid you real close to what i could have bought these for new ! contact me back by mon., or i'll file a claim on this. thank"

Needless to say I never received a email from him asking anything in particular about the rocker arms. Here are the pictures I put up with the ad. I am inclined to tell this guy to F&%k off. What would you do in this situation or what have you done if something similar has happened to you?

Thanks
Pat
Attached Thumbnails What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?-ebay-002small.jpg   What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?-ebay-003small.jpg   What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?-ebay-004small.jpg  

Old 12-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Re: What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

If what he's saying is true at all(the flat spots on rollers) step up to the plate and give his money back. Next time you run a ad be very specific as to the exact condition they are in,from your description I would expect them to be perfect too and wouldn't have e-mailed you asking about the condition. If you want this guy to give you bad feedback you could stick it to him but it sounds like YOUR description wasn't accurate. Just saying jeez,there used, isn't a excuse,Smitty
Old 12-18-2005, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

I inspected all of the tips and the rollers on the rockers after I cleaned them up. I made sure all of the fulcrums rolled freely and did not feel like they had any grit in them or were binding up and I made sure all of the tips rolled freely. The worst thing that could be said about them is that they were used and discolored. I know what a flat spot on a roller tip looks like because I had one on my Boat motor from last summer and the tips did not have any flat spots. The only thing that he may have 1/2 right is that they were installed on a motor.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless your screwed, have the guy send them back and after you verify there the same ones refund his money. If you let him file a claim paypal will hold your account and most likely receive neg feedback. Just resell them when you get them back.... Good Luck..
Old 12-18-2005, 05:45 AM
Banned

Return his money, you aren't out anything anyway.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Registered

Return his monies, you can sell them to someone else.

CM
Old 12-18-2005, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yahoo
Return his monies, you can sell them to someone else.

CM
Ditto. And keep your feedback positive.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

have him pay your shipping costs and listing fees. then give him his money back...tell him you inspected them and hes full of crap but your reasonable and will give his coin back minus shipping and your listing/paypal fees.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:08 AM
Registered

You're lucky. Half the people would just blow up & start ragging you publicly & calling you a liar & a thief. This guy is being cool & just asking for his money back & still going to leave you a positive. That's not a bad ebay buyer - that's a GOOD ebay buyer. That being said, he sounds like he needs to nut up go buy from Summit or Jegs.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i sold a set of crane golds on ebay , merc rounds off some corners to clear the valve covers ,the person who won them apparently did not look at the pictures , thought i was selling junk , and demanded his mony back , well , i told him , hey there yours , items were as described , "clean and used".

your picture doesn't really show the tips very well. kinda iffy...

Quick Reply: What would you do with a bad Ebay buyer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.