Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat races on OLN great, BUT? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118828-boat-races-oln-great-but.html)

blueamerican 12-20-2005 07:43 PM

Boat races on OLN great, BUT?

Watching boat races every Sunday for the past six weeks was really nice, but, is anyone else besides me really, really tired of hearing FOUNTAIN? I understand he pays for the whole SBI sponsership, but it would be nice to hear some other manufacturers name. One of these days, one of the other major manufacturers is going to say, I am tired of hearing Fountain, and start putting some money in racing instead of their pockets, and give Reggie a real run for all his money. I boat out of AC, Nj, and trust me, there are very few Fountains compared to all the Cigs, Apaches, Skaters, Donzis, Sutphens, American Offshores, etc., etc. He is a Marketing genius though...

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-20-2005 07:59 PM

Re: Boat races on OLN great, BUT?

"Boat races on OLN great, BUT?"

I fell asleep before it was over..... :( :( :(

I may have to try and watch it again to see what everyone is talking about...

Hauling Trash 12-20-2005 08:25 PM

There will be NO tv if it wasn`t for FOUNTAIN

Catagory5 12-20-2005 09:06 PM

It makes me sick

LubeJobs42 12-20-2005 09:38 PM

A while back I was watching an old Miami race we were racing (SC Lite) in On OLN. At one point is showed us going by and it had a radar time of 121.6 on the screen. With my old 500's I never saw 121 on my best day, with 60 mile per hour winds pushing me! That race I don't think we saw much over 100 MPH it was pretty choppy . Then they showed and announced how Muscle (Super V) passed us when we broke a trim hose and they took 2nd place from us!
I guess for people that don't know much about powerboat racing it's fine, I find it very hard to watch with some of the ridiculous comments that are made.

US1 Fountain 12-20-2005 09:45 PM

Best to use the mute button and just watch the racing.

CMG 12-20-2005 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse James
they do mention other v-hulls .......I heard the spiderman v-hull referred to as a.......... non Fountain hull :D :D :evilb:

In one race the Skater was referred to be way back in 4th place and minutes later a Fountain was in a strong 6th place :eek:

In Key West Media Master was the only unidentified boat to race - never mind win its class! At the end when the winners were posted to add insult to injury Outerlimits was spelled as Outerlimites :rolleyes:

Louie 12-21-2005 05:26 AM

Mark,
Most of us in OSS are quite pleased with the job they are doing.The venues and support have been great ,especially considering its only a two year old venture.The only ones that are going to "fix" anything are the racers themselves,as they choose where and how they want to race.The ones "breaking" it are the people that bad mouth everthing.
That only fosters the us vs. them mentality and that's not beneficial for anyone.

p.s. the OSS races are on the Outdoor Channel not OLN.

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year,
Louie
MOJO S-1

mwdill 12-21-2005 05:42 AM

please!!! would the other boat manufacturers start pitching in so we can have a real show to watch.
even when a Fountain spins or hooks they say whoooo!!! good thing those fountain hulls are so forgiving any other boat would have been a disaster!:rolleyes:

CAP071 12-21-2005 06:48 AM

:rolleyes it blows