Looking for 24' to 26' Cat   HTM, AO, Eliminator >

Looking for 24' to 26' Cat HTM, AO, Eliminator

Notices

Looking for 24' to 26' Cat HTM, AO, Eliminator

Old 09-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 24' to 26' Cat HTM, AO, Eliminator

In the market for HTM 24', AO 26' or Eliminator Daytona 25' or 26'. I have not ridden in any of these. Would love to hear opinions on these hulls. I just sold my "little" Allison....water is just getting too big around here. I leaning towards the HTM or Amer. Off. Are these two comparable handling big water even though they arent the same length? I have to admit the HTM is very unique. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Registered

Default Re: Looking for 24' to 26' Cat HTM, AO, Eliminator

Where are you running and what are you considering big water?
Are you looking for an I/O or outboard boat?

I sent you a PM
Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 25 Daytona. I love this thing. Kinda like a water borne corvette. Great handling. Will run real hard upto around 4 foot of sloppy water, much bigger becomes scary launching ramp stuff. With a BBC in the back, it settles back down really well after crossing wakes etc. I usually don't even lift out of the throttle except for really big cruiser wakes but thats just common sense IMHO. The later 25's with the cut down center pod ( center pod approx 3 inches shorter than sponsons ) ride more like a tru tunnel cat, on the sponsons unlike many small single cats that are really tri cycles with slots ( deeper center pod than sponsons). Yes it leans outwards on corners like a true cat but only when moving at a slow pace and you get used to it. Needless to say, the factory graphics on a Daytona ar far superior to an AO or most of the HTM's I have seen. I really like the styling better as well and I looked at just about every small cat before I bought my daytona. Stock 500efi/bravo package was good for 82 to 83. Warmed up a little with a blackhawk and it runs 90 plus My guess is due to the name plate, it will hold better resale value over the long haul as well. Eliminator isn't a relatively new company when compared to the others you have mentioned. Its constantly the brand most boat mags compare other small cats too.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Water like LOTO you will be happier with the American Offshore. Lake of the Ozarks in the only place I been to that the HTM sucks at. Other large lakes like Grand Lake no problem.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Registered

Look at Force Offshore Cats as well....plenty of info in Powerboat and Hot Boat Magazines.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

The American Offshore is a heavy boat with a dated design, however a great rough water boat. The HTM is a fast boat that will not handle the rough stuff. The Eliminator is by far the better of the three. Better build quality, better lines and great in rough water.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Ok, a little history lesson...AO is a splash of the Talon hull with a new deck. The Talon is a great family cat and you will not be disapointed. The boat was originally designed for twin outboards and you do see some rigged that way. It's not fastest boat out there, but it's a great compromise. The center pod is a bit deeper than the outer sponsons so the boat turns flat. The 25' Eliminator has a higher center pod so it turns a bit to the outside. The 25 Eliminator is definetly faster than the 26 which takes big power to run 100. Eliminator builds a nice boat with nice gelcoat work. Just be carfull as I have seen some boats with very sloppy rigging come out of their shop. I personally owned a 26' Firehawk until a couple of months ago. The Firehawk was a splash of the AO with a new deck. Frankly, their mold work is a bit weak but the boat is a good buy for the money. These boats just love the washing machine LOTO water. I could run 50 through the stuff and you wouldn't really feel it. You'd see a big hole or crest in front of you and pucker up for the hit and it would never come. Of course when you do hit the big one you are now flying. Landing in these boat isn't very nice as they tend to slap the water on reentry. It's also pretty easy to stuff one which I have done (baby stuff). I never had the sensation that the boat wanted to blow over which I attribute to the excellent Talon heritage. The HTM has a totally different hull design. They have two sponsons up front and then a very shallow pad drops down in the center tunnel. This pad gives it great speed, but makes for a hard ride as the boat slaps the water. The SS model is a cut down version which has a line that is a little more in proportion to it's length. There are other builders out there too. Cougar, Advantage, Warlock, DCB, etc. Even Hydrostream built a 24'. If it were up to me, I'd be shopping for a twin 2.5 Talon. There used to be a really sweet one in the classifieds, but that ad has ended.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

My other boat is a 25' Warlock cat with twin 2.5s. 105mph and is really smooth in the rough water. Soft landings and feels like a sports car. FUN... But if I were to buy an I/O boat in the 25' range Eliminator all the way.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 24' to 26' Cat   HTM, AO, Eliminator-25warlock.jpg  
Old 09-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2003 eliminator daytona with 525 efi still underwarranty that I may sell to upgrade this winter to a 33 daytona.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Registered

I WOULD LOOK AT ALL 3 COMPANIES, WHERE ARE THEY, WHERE ARE THEY GOING AND WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN? ALSO CONSIDER YOUR RESALE VALUE. I AM VERY BIAS CONSIDERING I'M A ELIMINATOR DEALER. BUT BUY THE BEST BOAT YOU CAN AFFORD. MY 2 CENTS

Quick Reply: Looking for 24' to 26' Cat HTM, AO, Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.