42 Fountain 1050's Vs. 39 O.L. 525's

Old 12-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 42 Fountain 1050's Vs. 39 O.L. 525's

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I would take the OL without power, it's still worth more.
You're right. You could sell it, buy the Fountain and fuel it for 10 years with the difference. Good point.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Registered

give me the Fountain,
Old 12-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered

Anything real nice cost more than what people that can't aford it think its worth. If you have been in both boats you can't honestly say the Fountain is a better built or nicer boat than the OL, or a Nortech or a Cig, and a few more. Yes Fountains are fast in the Kilo and they have won a lot of races. But I don't even watch that much racing because it's all Fountains.

How many of you would watch 36 weeks of Nascar if it was all Toyota's racing each other.

Atleast if you went to OL and told them to build you the fastest 47 GTX on the planet it will come out of the same mold that one Mike uses for his own boat or for the guy who only wanted to put some 600's in it. Not a one off never to be built for anybody but a few race teams boats like Fountain uses.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Registered

Anything real nice cost more than what people that can't aford it think its worth. If you have been in both boats you can't honestly say the Fountain is a better built or nicer boat than the OL, or a Nortech or a Cig, and a few more. Yes Fountains are fast in the Kilo and they have won a lot of races. But I don't even watch that much racing because it's all Fountains.

How many of you would watch 36 weeks of Nascar if it was all Toyota's racing each other.

Atleast if you went to OL and told them to build you the fastest 47 GTX on the planet it will come out of the same mold that one Mike uses for his own boat or for the guy who only wanted to put some 600's in it. Not a one off never to be built for anybody but a few race teams boats like Fountain uses.

Valid point......
Old 12-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Registered

Lapse, Fountain is not for you as you are too tall. That's not my problem, you should have smoked cigarettes.

I have rode in both. Each builds quality boats. Fountain does not build a cheap boat. Obviously you don't know how to drive them, which is part of your problem. A quick jaunt in Rio Roses will cure your sickness, this Fountain will compare more equal to OL than our production Toyota's.

Just my pick, if I wanted OL I could have bought used for 1/2 the price I paid. This is my 9th consective year in perf. boating with a Fountain...

you are burnt out as you bought the big Nor tech pig and want to go back cruising so your mother in laws wig don't blow off....
Old 12-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

You assume that people who think something is too expensive can't afford it. While that may be true for some, it's clearly not true for all. It's a silly point. To buy a performance boat that costs close to a million, when you have other choices that cost half and perform close, the same or better argues it's stupid money in my world. Just my opinion. I think OL's are beautiful and well made. But I am not going out starting threads beating the same old horse's. Why? Because I didn't pay that ridiculus amount of cash for it and don;t need to keep telling myself it's ok. It's like a 7 step program.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Of course, while I don't start them, I post in them..... I'll have to think about that a bit!! Merry Christmas!!

Last edited by nolimits; 12-25-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Registered

why would anyone want a boat that cruises over a boat that will fly?
Old 12-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Registered

My big heavy pig Nortech will run almost 100 with the gen & a/c on in any water 6 feet and under. Unless you got 2000 hp in your 42 my 50 will be walking past you too, all 21000#'s of her, and she handles pretty good for a big boat. I can drive just fine thank you, I have many race wins in many forms of racing. Yes I am tall but I did smoke 2 packs a day for 10 years .
I too think spending a mil. on a boat is stupid that is why I always buy used, I look at a ton of used boats a year and 9 times out of ten OL's show like new and the Fountains and other mass produced boats don't hold up.

42 you say you are in your 9th year in a Fountain why not try something new and different you only live once.You are dogging me about selling and getting a 400SS, if you read the whole post you know I said my next boat would be another fast boat a 42 OL or 43 Nortech, Most likely a OL because I have all ready have a Nortech. I have only been buying boats for 11 years and I'm on my 10th different brand.

Let me ask the Fountain guy's one thing, do you think if Reggie thought his boat's( not the record setting boats, the one's he churns out everyday and ships to the dealers) were as nice and built as good as the OL he would charge the same as them, or is he not that smart.

Like it's been said many times OL are custom builds and Fountains are not If all you care about is how many race wins and the Kilo speed go buy a Fountain, if you want to take your friends and family out on the nicest most comfortable boat that wont fall apart in front of you go buy a pricey custom.

It's the same with If you have a Timex or a Rolex they both do the same thing $hit the Timex keeps better time, but I rather have the Rolex.Because it's nicer holds up better and holds it's value.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Registered

Re: 42 Fountain 1050's Vs. 39 O.L. 525's

this scenario i would take the OL over fountain!! even though i own a "beak boat"

Quick Reply: 42 Fountain 1050's Vs. 39 O.L. 525's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.