Notices

Tres Martin boating Class

Old 12-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tres Martin boating Class

How much do you really learn and not actually driving a boat?

I have a 29 ft single screw and I'm afraid the class will not replicate what I truely need. I now the mans has a lot of knowledge but his class has to be designed to a genreal public and not to a certian hull type, boat , size specfic. I want the training but I want to spend my money wisely.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he goes through what you need to know in a v and a cat, you could also take the coarse in your boat if you wish... pm me with your phone number ill tell ya more about it.....
Old 12-24-2005, 08:34 PM
bws
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 47 Likes on 14 Posts

I took the class in early December, and I would strongly recommend it. As stated previously the wealth of information that Tres teaches on the first day in the classroom is almost overwhelming (make sure you take good notes). When you get to the water on the second day, it is amazing how well Tres uses the boat to demonstrate all of the handling characteristics and set up techniques (both good and bad) that were taught in the classroom. I feel that I am a better and safer operator by taking this class. I expected this class to be a “one time” learning experience, which is not the case. After completing the class, Tres views you as one of his customers and is available for technical questions. I was also impressed by the personalized service from both Tres and Jacky, from scheduling the school to accommodations it was one phone call.

Brian Shelton
Attached Thumbnails Tres Martin boating Class-dsc02024-small-.jpg  

Last edited by bws; 12-26-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting interview. http://www.talkoffshore.com/Archives...rtin110904.wma
Old 12-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teaching something that has become second nature to you can be very difficult, epsecially to a class that has a differnt level of skills/knowledge. Tres is an excellent teacher and able to do that and explain it so everyone can understand the why behind what they will be doing. I grew up around boats, got certified at 9, got fasinated with rediculous speed a few years ago. Tres helped me SAFELY transition from a 70mph nonstep v to a 100+ mph cat. his class is well worth the money, which with ins discounts will be made up in less then a couple (yes, les then 2 if that) years. I highly recomend it to everyone interesting is operating ANY boat, especially those capable of high speeds.
-Rick
Old 12-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

The class is well worth the money. Like everybody said, you not only learn what to do, but you learn why you are doing it. You learn what the boat will do in certain situations and why. It is a lesson in hydrodynamics, physics, handling techniques, recovery techniques and safety all in one. No matter how much anybody thinks that they know, there is always more to learn. Take the class. You will not be disappointed! You will learn something and I guarantee that you will have a great time doing it!
Old 12-25-2005, 06:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
great interview...
Old 12-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's definately not cheap.....but you can't put a price on safety either. I plan on taking the class someday.