Notices

For those that signed that statue (9-11) petition

Old 01-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post For those that signed that statue (9-11) petition

What do you guys think about this?

Signers and Supporters of the WTC Flag Raising Petition,

I am writing this letter to those who have signed the "Depict the Flag Raising at Ground Zero of the WTC Attack as it actually Occurred!" petition and who indicated that their email address could be shared with the author (myself) or the public, and to those who have otherwise contacted me in support. The purpose is to give a status and let you know plans for the petition.

First, let me thank those who have signed or supported this effort to insure that an accurate memorial is erected to the victims and heroes of 911, instead of anything based on a political agenda. There are now over 120,000 signatures! The effort is paying off and together with the firefighters themselves and the many thousands of others who have protested, it has resulted in New York City scrapping plans for an altered flag raising statue. Ultimate plans have not yet been announced, and so there is still a chance that they will propose some other politically driven memorial which alters the history of what happened that day. Therefore according to the 2nd point in the petition, which indicates that only a historically accurate memorial should be erected, the petition is continuing. It will do so until final plans are announced for a historically accurate memorial not based on any political agenda.

In that regard, I am also writing for your help.

My intent is to have the first 100,000 signatures delivered directly to the City of New York and the New York City Fire Department. I would like to give two copies of professionally bound signatures (which will amount to ten volumes of five hundred pages of signatures each) to firefighters there in New York City who can in turn present them to the Fire Department and to the Mayor and/or his representatives. I would hope to attract media attention to that event, but intend to do it with or without the media. I would then repeat this process at the 250,000, the 500,000 and the one million signature marks if the petition goes that far, which I hope it does.

The problem is that the cost for making this happen is more than I can personally afford. It works out to several thousand dollars to electronically extract 100,000 names, format them, professionally print them, copy them, professionally bind them and then deliver them to New York City while maintaining electronic and physical masters. I will personally donate as much as I can to this effort but am asking for anyone who is in a position to do so, and who would support the effort as explained, to please contact me at the following email address if you are interested in helping fund this effort.

[email protected]?subject=WTCPetitionFund

I will send you the account name and the method to send any help you can.

The funds will be used for material, labor, processing, printing, copying, binding, shipping and any other expenses associated with delivering these signatures as indicated in this email. Any excess funds will be donated proportionally to the IAFF New York Fire Fighters 911 Disaster Relief Fund, the Port Authority Police WTC Disaster Survivors Fund, and to NYPD and EMS worker funds established directly by those associations for the support of families of personnel killed or injured on 9-11.

Thank you for your time, and again, either way, thank you for your support in this effort to insure that we depict accurately what occurred on 9-11. It must remain accurate so that we can always remember and never forget those who died or were injured ... and so that we can therefore maintain our national sovereignty and liberty against those who would destroy them.

Sincerely,

Jeff Head

Author of the Petition

P.S. - If you have received this email in error, or wish to not be included on the list developed from the petition, simply respond to this email with "Remove" in the subject line and you will be removed. In that case I apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: G-Force ]
Old 01-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
WE DONT WANT TO BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST,and are glad we found out about it tripps