Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Vote for your favourite 42 / 43 ft. V :  OL / NT / CIG. / FTN. >

Vote for your favourite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.

Notices
View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.
Outerlimits
28.75%
Nor Tech
14.70%
Cigarette
33.55%
Fountain
23.00%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Vote for your favourite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vote for your favourite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.

Never have liked the side by side cockpits (OL/NT) If you end up with two guys, it's just TOO close. With a chick, she can talk TOO much! Now win.

Cigs rock side to side, bounce.... and are too slow (42 w/ 500's 68 mph), so Fountain it is... fast, way cool, and save a couple of hundred thousand.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Registered

43 foot Nor Tech center console cat with twin Sea Tek's and shaft drives. I'm sure they would make one if you ask nice.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, Gotz ta go w/ the NT, as U know!! Wrink
Old 12-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Bob, I guess it all depends on how rough it is on the Lake On G bay, the big old Nortech was my favorite V. On Lake Champlain, it was a 42 Tiger driven by a mad french canadian american beer hound. If I had to choose between the brands listed, I would pick the one witht hebiggest motors and #6 drives with full fuel tanks
Old 12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Well Bob, I guess it all depends on how rough it is on the Lake On G bay, the big old Nortech was my favorite V. On Lake Champlain, it was a 42 Tiger driven by a mad french canadian american beer hound. If I had to choose between the brands listed, I would pick the one witht hebiggest motors and #6 drives with full fuel tanks
Hey Sean, How are we doing. New boats are like cars in that they do not come with a full tank of fuel !! And you are right - probably each of the boats has an area that they are better in. With my NT it shines in big water.

By the way, I blew up a motor coming back from Key West today. We were 20 miles from Marco and I heard a heavy duty clanging noise coming from my starboard motor so we shut it down. Still able to get back with 2 motors and cruise at 52 MPH, no problem. Had a great time down there tho as would be expected.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

The 43 Nor-teck, technically is a 44' it is also wider than the other boats. Even though the 9' beam is not as wide as the 42 OL 9'3" beam, the boats cockpit is designed so it does not flair in. This makes for a very large cockpit. The headroom by far is also the most. The dash in my eyes is hands down the best of the 4. Additional back facing bench behind the driver/pas. seats, that also fold up to get out of the way, or use as a knee/thigh pad. What Im getting at is this to me is the all around best for comfort. The ride is excellent, but is heavier due to the size and lamination schedules. Nothing extrodinare in lamination schedules, and best of all its fairly priced with great customer service after the fact. est combo of quality, price, speed, and comfort.

The 42 OL. If you want the best built this is it, but you will pay dearly to own an orig copy. Exotic laminations, weight savings is the main focus for overall speed. Also very good in the comfort and ammenity dept, but on a smaller scale. Excellent resale. You either build a boat to flex or it has to be as rigid as possible (no flex) Mikes Epoxy layups and post cured process is excellent for one thing, going as fast as you can in the snotties of conditions. You feel everything, period, but I dont have a problem with this. Just the price you pay to be the fastest.

42 CIG. I prefer not to comment, Ill just say thank god Skip has made some changes since my 2000 single step TG (POS), over priced, almost same as OL, no head compartment, just paint...never mind,

42 Fountain, always being compared to the customs, great bottom, ride, fair quality for a fair price. The affordable mans machine, just way to many of them.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:37 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jassman - I'd hate to hear what you really think about Cigarette
Old 12-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG
Hey Jassman - I'd hate to hear what you really think about Cigarette
Can you say Overrated and dont get me going on that heritage stuff
Old 12-29-2005, 09:11 PM

You should start thinking about Donzi in the mix now 43ZR with 900 EFI Teagues with Merc Number 6 drives, Custom Graphics Custom Gel-coat carbon fiber interior with custom engine compartment she is being tested next week and should run 115 mph. I was on a 43 with triple 525s we ran 98 mph and she was rock solid.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Attack
Never have liked the side by side cockpits (OL/NT) If you end up with two guys, it's just TOO close. With a chick, she can talk TOO much! Now win.
Thats why they did the 39 gtx with dual helms, im sure they woudl do the 42 the same way for ya.

I voted Ol cuz i liek sit down boats. For CC the NT gets the vote, but wont be as fast as an ol GTX. i'd take a 43 nor-tech cat over all of em though. especially the new shaft drive/rudder boat that theyre buliding

Quick Reply: Vote for your favourite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.