View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.
Outerlimits
28.75%
Nor Tech
14.70%
Cigarette
33.55%
Fountain
23.00%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

Vote for your favourite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 353 Fastech
Default Re: Vote for your favourite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Any V-bottom poll that doesn't include Apache is a joke.
They said 42-43'...They don't make one that size.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More
They said 42-43'...They don't make one that size.
If a Fountain 42 is a "42" an Apache 41 is a "48"
Old 01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

Old 01-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1994 Cigarette Top Gun

Top 10 Reasons for Buying a Fountain

1. I have absolutely no sense of personal style. Itís faster without all of that extra paint.

2. I plan to use the boat to commission a crime. With 30 other boats exactly like it on the lake on any given weekend, no one will know I did it!

3. I canít afford a real offshore boat so instead, Iíll buy a Fountain and bash all of the other quality boats out there. Nobody will be the wiser for it, right?

4. Related to Number 3, I love Reggieís easy-time payment plan. Just imagine, a $200,000 boat with a payment less than the monthly payment for my Kia! Did I tell you what a great boat it is and yours is a piece of crap?

5. Related to Number 4, I plan on inheriting money in the next five years so when plan to sell my Fountain, I have enough money to bring to closing. Oops, I thought it was supposed to go up in value, not depreciate by half? The other million people trying to sell their Fountains are finding the same problem. Must be a conspiracy started by Apache, Cigarette or Outlerlimits, eh?

6. I am follicly challenged. Did I tell you my hair migrated from the top of my head to my back because my Fountain is so fast?

7. I am vertically challenged. With no freeboard, no one can tell. (Note to self, donít have tall girlfriend on the boat with me or the secret will be out Iím really 4í8Ē without lifts or clogs).

8. I prefer inland rivers as opposed to oceans or the Great Lakes, but will still call myself an offshore boater because, Iím off-shore watching the real boats running in the big water!

9. I was beat up in middle school.

10. If I buy a Fountain, Iíll be popular and Reggie will love me.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1985 38 Cigarette 2004 Formula 400SS

That's some funny chit!!!!

Say Hi to your other half.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Cig
Top 10 Reasons for Buying a Fountain

1. I have absolutely no sense of personal style. Itís faster without all of that extra paint.

2. I plan to use the boat to commission a crime. With 30 other boats exactly like it on the lake on any given weekend, no one will know I did it!

3. I canít afford a real offshore boat so instead, Iíll buy a Fountain and bash all of the other quality boats out there. Nobody will be the wiser for it, right?

4. Related to Number 3, I love Reggieís easy-time payment plan. Just imagine, a $200,000 boat with a payment less than the monthly payment for my Kia! Did I tell you what a great boat it is and yours is a piece of crap?

5. Related to Number 4, I plan on inheriting money in the next five years so when plan to sell my Fountain, I have enough money to bring to closing. Oops, I thought it was supposed to go up in value, not depreciate by half? The other million people trying to sell their Fountains are finding the same problem. Must be a conspiracy started by Apache, Cigarette or Outlerlimits, eh?

6. I am follicly challenged. Did I tell you my hair migrated from the top of my head to my back because my Fountain is so fast?

7. I am vertically challenged. With no freeboard, no one can tell. (Note to self, donít have tall girlfriend on the boat with me or the secret will be out Iím really 4í8Ē without lifts or clogs).

8. I prefer inland rivers as opposed to oceans or the Great Lakes, but will still call myself an offshore boater because, Iím off-shore watching the real boats running in the big water!

9. I was beat up in middle school.

10. If I buy a Fountain, Iíll be popular and Reggie will love me.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered

You owned one...Still wish you had it don't you....don't you...ohhhhhh.

Last edited by Back4More; 01-05-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

My Boats: 1989 10 mtr Fountain

Typical Fountain wannabe. Just trying to justify wasting all that extra money that was spent on a barge. Could've bought a tug boat and had a real wave crusher.

Jealous of a person that offers the public a great boat for a reasonable price that many people can afford to buy new. Not have to give up your 1st born or remortgage your home, vehicle, and everything else that you own to pay for it.

Did'nt buy a boat from a company that has the same owner for the past 30 yrs, as a matter of fact started the company. Did'nt go through 4 or 5 owners over the last 10 yrs. (cause nobody really wants to own it, just lookin for another sucker to sell it to)

If the cigs are so great, then where are they on race day? Where? they're all anchored watching the real offshore boats compete.

Why are'nt there any cigs racing? Cause they can't build a boat that'll be able to compete with the BEST. That's why they all just watch, drool, and wish that someday they'll smarten up, find a sucker that wants a barge, and get a real boat.

Real truth is that Reggie had Benny go over to cig to help them design a hull that would'nt make them look foolish racing against all the real fast boats. Hopefully, after a year or two, Benny will be able to get the cigs off the sidelines, and they just might see some real action again.

With that said, maybe the company won't be lookin for another sucker to take it over again. So little time, so many owners. Who's next?

A 10 post boat expert? NOT !!! probally a barge owner that dreams of someday having a real fast boat, like a Fountain, but is either too scared to drive one, or mommy says no.

Geesh, wake up, see the real water. Buy a Fountain. What everyone compares their boat to.

We could keep going here, but whoever owns a cig, is'nt smart enough to understand anyway, that's why they only have a cig (barge)
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 01-05-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1985 38 Cigarette 2004 Formula 400SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x
Typical Fountain wannabe. Just trying to justify wasting all that extra money that was spent on a barge. Could've bought a tug boat and had a real wave crusher.

Jealous of a person that offers the public a great boat for a reasonable price that many people can afford to buy new. Not have to give up your 1st born or remortgage your home, vehicle, and everything else that you own to pay for it.

Did'nt buy a boat from a company that has the same owner for the past 30 yrs, as a matter of fact started the company. Did'nt go through 4 or 5 owners over the last 10 yrs. (cause nobody really wants to own it, just lookin for another sucker to sell it to)

If the cigs are so great, then where are they on race day? Where? they're all anchored watching the real offshore boats compete.

Why are'nt there any cigs racing? Cause they can't build a boat that'll be able to compete with the BEST. That's why they all just watch, drool, and wish that someday they'll smarten up, find a sucker that wants a barge, and get a real boat.

Real truth is that Reggie had Benny go over to cig to help them design a hull that would'nt make them look foolish racing against all the real fast boats. Hopefully, after a year or two, Benny will be able to get the cigs off the sidelines, and they just might see some real action again.

With that said, maybe the company won't be lookin for another sucker to take it over again. So little time, so many owners. Who's next?

A 10 post boat expert? NOT !!! probally a barge owner that dreams of someday having a real fast boat, like a Fountain, but is either too scared to drive one, or mommy says no.

Geesh, wake up, see the real water. Buy a Fountain. What everyone compares their boat to.

We could keep going here, but whoever owns a cig, is'nt smart enough to understand anyway, that's why they only have a cig (barge)
Feel Better Now!!!!!!

Mark
Old 01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey

Quote:

Huh - has Mercury owned F_____n for 30 years??
Old 01-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: Boats, Bikes, Cars
Smile Re: Vote for your favourite 42 / 43 ft. V : OL / NT / CIG. / FTN.

Good does that mean you guys won't have her boat pic on display at your boat show booth this year like the last 2 years...and I remember your wife getting off a certain triple 42 Fountain and saying how much better our boat rode as well.

As far as 10 posts, I think she has been a member here longer than you.

Last but not least, don't be so thin skinned, you can dish it out but can't take it in return...it was a joke but I guess you didn't get it.

Dean and Marilyn