Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many miss the old/new oso???? >

How many miss the old/new oso????

Notices

How many miss the old/new oso????

Old 12-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

I miss the old OSO
Old 12-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Site is ok, certainly not worth paying for. Most of the posts are bs about whatever, some good stories. I like go fast boats of all types but think too many people on here don't have a life and just want to dream out loud about their boats that are sitting on blocks in the yard under two feet of snow. I have met several people that browse this site but laugh at the time most spend typing away about nothing! Anyone remember Big Scotty? The site can be informative, good classified and a whole lot of Bullship....................just my 2 cents
Old 12-27-2005, 07:16 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
i know its all fine and dandy that the gd is full of johnny do gooders, i say it sucks and the site is no better than speedwake... the other nite i sat down with what little info i had about some of my buddies and what they spent with the advertisers and the general public from oso.. this figure is well over 2 million just in one year, thats not counting what the e dick guys did, i have no idea.. ill give you a clue what im talking bout...

Tow rig 55,000 Sanders Ford mcraymond
cafe racer/trailer 80,000 Martin Marine
Trailer repair 3,000 Myco
Enigine work 10,000 Jcperf/Zul
Rigging 3,000 Mrd/Met through Jcperf
Interior Work 15,000 Tres Martin

Do you get the idea of what im trying to say, thats just a taste of what ive spent from this site, forget about other boats, poker runs, whatever you can think about this site has touched my life.. im not trying to get gay here, im just showing how much i give back to this site, and its advertisers.. if i cant speak my mind on this site this site will no longer be the fist site in the morning nor the last before i go to bed.. i think it sucks that because a few complain about what is being said and throw around what power they have through the silly politics on this board...

i have met great people on this board, many of them have become by best friends. not only have i met new people to do business with, i have met people to give my business to. i for one will not change the way i conduct myself for the interests of a few.. i feel i speak for many of us, go take a look at the gd and the bilge, yeah great stuff huh.. might as well be speedwake.. horrible... i feel that most of what we say should stay in the gd and the bilge cause of how much we have to do with boating and how much we make you guys smile.. im not saying that the racial, drug slurs, nor foul language is right, but thats for the moderators to decide..

this site is a great place for friends and people to get together with the same interests and a great place to blow off steam, lets get rid of the politics and the b/s.. if you dont like the way the posts and threads are going dont read them, if you know the party of the thread, dont get involved.. this is all very simple.. i know i spend the money with people on this board, im gonna get my money's worth....... i will bring the fun back to oso... i will bring oso back to its glory... so ive said it let it be written.........Mr. Wonderful
Wow,

I never imagined that you could put together multiple paragraphs!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OSO is evolving.
I like it - it's like that awkward junior high girl, that show's up next year as a knockout
There are some that have been around for a long time, and some newbies - that I might add, have plenty to contribute.
I think it's OK to bust balls with each other (those that know each other i.e. been here a while, or actually KNOW each other)

I'm not worried about a thread being "poofed" or "moved".
I'm more worried about someone getting "Suckered" by a newbie that has two Superbowl Rings, a new Ferrari, and is looking to move from a Hustler 388 to a Nortech. Not to mention a Blonde, and Brunette girl (totally different bodies)....that are both the same girl and now in Intensive care.

$7500 is a good bit.
Glad it was returned.

i'M BUSY NOW - i'M SHOPPING FOR A JET - HUH, FRED?

Stecz - Wanna buy a Rolex??
Old 12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Wow,

I was thinking the same thing. Mr Wonderful does amaze me sometimes. It's almost like an intellectual side.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
Enigine work 10,000 Jcperf/Zul
Rigging 3,000 Mrd/Met through Jcperf
Interior Work 15,000 Tres Martin

I see the problem right there, you spent 15k on guages so you could keep track of your punk a$$ motors. Next time drop the whole 25k on the motors........

Now quit your crying and speak your mind like you used too.
We stand together, we fall together.........
Old 12-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Registered

my point is not really about being poofed of deleted, steve is the owner of his site and can run it as he sees fit, his mods do what they think is best.. im saying you the people need to step it up... im not complaining about what has happened ,just pointing out that this place is dead and needs to wake up... some of you people that lurk and add your 2 cents are pretty funny, you contribute nothing but feel the need to give the fact that your a lurker and seem to think we care what you think or have to say... stay lurking.... the fun is gone, little too serious around here......
Old 12-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Registered

boating is fun, spending money is fun, taking pics of glh hanging over a garbage can is fun.... jc, proclaiming his love for masher is fun.... byrdman caught in the broom closet with his pants down looking at February's issue of ebony, priceless......
Old 12-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
Wow,

go buy a ford, and free yourself of the secrets hidden in your closet.... you know about you and that guy, with the thing....
Old 12-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Site is ok, certainly not worth paying for. Most of the posts are bs about whatever, some good stories. I like go fast boats of all types but think too many people on here don't have a life and just want to dream out loud about their boats that are sitting on blocks in the yard under two feet of snow. I have met several people that browse this site but laugh at the time most spend typing away about nothing! Anyone remember Big Scotty? The site can be informative, good classified and a whole lot of Bullship....................just my 2 cents
My thoughts also. I posted several comments after keywest that were never let on oso. I don't want to be part of a chat site that is maintained by big brother. This site has some great people visiting but too much politics and regulating. If people want to get on here and talk about big scotty and boat wrecks and who has the fastest boat, than let the trash talking begin. When children get a hold of dads computer than the mods will see it and take action. When the adults are talking trash, so be it.

Quick Reply: How many miss the old/new oso????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.