How many miss the old/new oso???? >

How many miss the old/new oso????

Notices

How many miss the old/new oso????

Old 12-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

Originally Posted by stecz20
strange, let me ask you this... have you ever seen a chevy or a dodge ambulance... reason for that, cant have our lives in the hands of a chevy or dodges....
What kind of 572's do you have in that Cig again?? I could have sworn they were Chevy's! You better have JC build you some 351 Clevelands!

You spent $10g's..... man you got ripped off!! (just kiddin)

Seriously though, some people need to lighten up.

I've made a lot of connections because of OSO. I'm sure I could come up with a pretty healthy $$ number that I've spent on my boat/boats due to OSO just as you have.

This reminds me of Stern..... hopefully we aren't forced to go to a different medium...
Old 12-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This site is split directly down the middle 50/50.

50% of the members want to be able to say whatever the hell they please, the other 50% get offended and think we shouldn't allow it.

50% of the members think they should be able to post classifieds for their stuff anywhere they please, the other 50% don't want the site to turn into boat trader.

50% of the members think it's ok to publicly humiliate someone they have zero business being involved with, the other 50% don't think it's right.

I could go on and on. The bottom line is that with 30k+ members and more everyday, it's NEVER going to be perfect for everyone.

The early days of OSO had the same issues as today it's just that people have forgotten. When the board was nothing but a bulletin board there were all kinds of morons running rampant, so much that Jeffery almost closed the site permanently.

This site can RUIN someones reputation in a heartbeat over 4-5 party information and only hearing one side of a story. Most members don't consider this or don't care out of selfishness, but we do. ALOT of uninformed BS gets posted on here. We have to look out for someones business or credibility before allowing an all out mob to hammer someone over a "papercut" type situation. It's not censorship, it's called respect for others. Most you would thank us if you were in a bad situation and getting slammed by people you've never met.

OSO is not just a little internet address. It's an enormous boating board that is rapidly taking the place of magazines and other mediums for boating info. People come here to find out about dealers, manufacturers, boats, engines, etc from first hand experiences. With that level of importance you have to have rules, and they have to be followed. The rules here are pretty slack compared to ANY other boards I visit.

Enjoy the site, and stop whining about not being able to break the rules set by the admin. They are pretty simple to follow and not very much to ask in order to keep OSO under control.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in 100% agreement with Stecz and OSO Steve.

I think our little group has gone overboard on several threads and I have personally sent Steve an apology on different occasions for any contributing/or unacceptable posts.

The way I see it- from the outside looking in, our group would appear to be hoodlums of sorts. I can understand that. Also I can understand where Steve and his crew are coming from with some complaints specifically about us. There are several changes I would personally make about certain sections of this site to limit viewing etc etc... however this is not my site.

I can also easily understand the thoughts by many on this board based on the not-so warm greeting Byrdman, JC and I received from Steve in KW. That is not a slap on Steve at all and as a matter of fact we spent some time together later in the week with him and had a great time ... but it was clear that we had already made a first impression on him prior to meeting face to face.

Upon speaking with several of my friends on this site, we agreed that as it stands right now, we have to control ourselves somewhat and abide by the powers that be. Sure it makes it less fun for us but we do not own the site.

My personal desire to spend more time on OSO has gone down but the harsh reality is that no one gives a crap about it... I am only one of 30,000 others.... So unless it is a specific thread with my buddies on it or contributing to it, I will keep quiet.

And for the record. Our group is made up of VERY upstanding, successful, integrity laiden adults that rarely, if ever cross over the line in real life. We are not hoodlums and despite the impression(s) we have left or anyone has of us, there is no one that likes to have a good time more than us.... period.

I will have respect for the board and its wishes.... there is nothing malicious intended my any of our comments....

The only reason this was posted is because Stecz took the time to start this thread....
Old 12-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rainmn
But seeing the same 5 or 6 guys post the same old jabs at each other on EVERY thread gets old....fast.
I don't care about people talking politics, and I find almost nothing "offensive." What bugs me is that every time I read a new thread, I'm mentally counting how many replies it will be before I find the same old crap in it..usually isn't very many.
Just my $.02.

BINGO, You hit the nail right directly on the head there . It gets old real,real fast . I find most all the stuff funny and not offensive, but it gets old and turns me off when everyother thread turns into the same old $hit. I have nothing against anyone involved here at all, and I consider a few of them friends, but it does turn this member, who has been around since the inception of this board, off to the extent of looking at other sites instead of this one. And yes, I too have spent ALOT (dont even make me post my spendings)of money with the advertizers of this board, so, by loosing members because of the games, all will suffer

My advise, either tone it down or keep it to a specific thread . Stop the hijacking

Love and Kisses

Bob
Old 12-28-2005, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun

50% of the members want to be able to say whatever the hell they please, the other 50% get offended and think we shouldn't allow it.

50% of the members think they should be able to post classifieds for their stuff anywhere they please, the other 50% don't want the site to turn into boat trader.

50% of the members think it's ok to publicly humiliate someone they have zero business being involved with, the other 50% don't think it's right.

I could go on and on. The bottom line is that with 30k+ members and more everyday, it's NEVER going to be perfect for everyone.

The early days of OSO had the same issues as today it's just that people have forgotten. When the board was nothing but a bulletin board there were all kinds of morons running rampant, so much that Jeffery almost closed the site permanently.

This site can RUIN someones reputation in a heartbeat over 4-5 party information and only hearing one side of a story. Most members don't consider this or don't care out of selfishness, but we do. ALOT of uninformed BS gets posted on here. We have to look out for someones business or credibility before allowing an all out mob to hammer someone over a "papercut" type situation. It's not censorship, it's called respect for others. Most you would thank us if you were in a bad situation and getting slammed by people you've never met.

OSO is not just a little internet address. It's an enormous boating board that is rapidly taking the place of magazines and other mediums for boating info. People come here to find out about dealers, manufacturers, boats, engines, etc from first hand experiences. With that level of importance you have to have rules, and they have to be followed. The rules here are pretty slack compared to ANY other boards I visit.

Enjoy the site, and stop whining about not being able to break the rules set by the admin. They are pretty simple to follow and not very much to ask in order to keep OSO under control.
Thanks Brandon!!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Registered

Brandon for President !!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wobble
Houston FD local station.
This truck has seen 6 + years of Big City service and still going strong. Most of them are GM some Ford. Interesting about the Dodges though. Plenty of Dodge vans, but yet to see truck based ambulance.

Ps,

when are you going to "quit beating around the bush" and speak your mind?

ok so one chevy out of kazillions fords...

i want to point out this is not really about sbrt or e dock, or me posting what i want... loto , gl's milk run, otis's lake george run, grand lake.. this are just some of the fun times of year for us that people get crazy with their posting, little out of control, but all in fun with no intention to harm anyone... im talking about what fund raser pointed out, this place is more like family than freinds, never the less, people that get together, live, die, enjoy, and sharea few good times when they get together and do a lot of ball breaking... thats what was missing, not edock and sbrt.. this place became speedake real fast, boreing and nothing to say but people stealing x mas lights and compareing boats that have no business be compared... i rather see some good ball breaking bewteen cuda and old man reed than see another thread comparing reggie fountain to mike fiore...

most people that whine and b itch are the ones that contribute nothing but complaints.. if you really have a problem with someone bring it up or pm them, dont force steve to put up a thread saying that youll get a free t shirt when you rat someone out.. thats just plain retarded.... to give you an example, fred(too old) sent rob(offshoredrillin) a e mail saying he was sorry for that was said and it was taken a bit far, and rob said the same.. they worked it out like men, not like 10 year olds.. i comend them for that, and not bring outside parties into it.... we all make mistakes and vouch for the worng people, you, me, fred, rob, oso even... the greatness of this place is when your wronged by some a hole, they had better watch their backs cause hell will soon follow.. unity is what this place was once about, not babysitting...

Last edited by stecz20; 12-28-2005 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by otis311
Brandon for President !!!!

nice avatar....
Old 12-28-2005, 12:11 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
ok so one chevy out of kazillions fords...

i want to point out this is not really about sbrt or e dock, or me posting what i want... loto , gl's milk run, otis's lake george run, grand lake.. this are just some of the fun times of year for us that people get crazy with their posting, little out of control, but all in fun with no intention to harm anyone... im talking about what fund raser pointed out, this place is more like family than freinds, never the less, people that get together, live, die, enjoy, and sharea few good times when they get together and do a lot of ball breaking... thats what was missing, not edock and sbrt.. this place became speedake real fast, boreing and nothing to say but people stealing x mas lights and compareing boats that have no business be compared... i rather see some good ball breaking bewteen cuda and old man reed than see another thread comparing reggie fountain to mike fiore...

most people that whine and b itch are the ones that contribute nothing but complaints.. if you really have a problem with someone bring it up or pm them, dont force steve to put up a thread saying that youll get a free t shirt when you rat someone out.. thats just plain retarded.... to give you an example, fred(too old) sent rob(offshoredrillin) a e mail saying he was sorry for that was said and it was taken a bit far, and rob said the same.. they worked it out like men, not like 10 year olds.. i comend them for that, and not bring outside parties into it.... we all make mistakes and vouch for the worng people, you, me, fred, rob, oso even... the greatness of this place is when your wronged by some a hole, they had better watch their backs cause hell will soon follow.. unity is what this place was once about, not babysitting...
It really pains me to be in agreement with you....
The Rob and Fred thing was unfortunate, glad they worked it out.
I'm still not one of your people

Last edited by Wobble; 12-28-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Registered

no one is asking to break the rules tough guy... just pointing out a few things to my people... dont make me come down there and smack you around, all 115 lbs of ya... dont make me send dc out to get ya...

Quick Reply: How many miss the old/new oso????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.